PC has crazy crashes trying to boot, problem persists despite reinstallation of Windows.

RainOfPain125

Title. Suddenly in the past week the system has crashed when trying to start. It will give many reasons for the crash, but the reasons stay within the same ~8 or so of them.

If I crash again, I will try to provide more error reasons provided. But here are some I wrote into my browser when trying to find solutions. These were all before reinstallation of Windows.

• The operating could not be loaded, the kernel is missing or contains errors
    • error involving adp80xx.sys
    • windows\system32\drivers\volmgr.sys 0xc0000221
    • windows\system32\config\system 0xc0000098
    • winload.exe 0xc0000225
    • driver wdf01000
    • I vaguely remember one time the error was "a necessary device is missing"
  • A required device isn't connected or can't he accessed 0xc000000f
  • File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe 0xc0000221
  • File: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0xc0000221
  • File: \Windows\system32\config\system 0xc000014c
  • "the header checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum winload.exe"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

No idea what could be wrong. I disassembled my computer recently as per a demonstration on installing a CPU. I correctly re-installed the CPU, no bent pins, thermal paste, and CPU cooler as usual. I will try re-seating the RAM but I doubt that would be the problem? I had numerous problems with my system suddenly crashing or crashing while loading into Windows, and I simply replaced my RAM, and it worked fine since then (until now lol).

Something extremely interesting about this problem: When Windows tries to auto-repair the boot process, it never completes and crashes.

When I try to re-boot in order to update to the latest Windows 10, version 20H2, it will probably crash.

When it DOES crash, it gives me the option to ENTER to try again, or hit F8 for alternate options (such as starting in safe mode). HOWEVER, usually neither of these work. The screen will flash for a split second and bring back the same screen. In fact, the error given will usually change when I use one of the options (namely ENTER). It is very strange how it can flash for just a second and provide me a different reason.

The only way I've gotten past the boot crashes (when they occur) is to either restart and pray, or hold the ENTER key and let the screen flash over and over, giving me different reason after reason, until it gives up and boots like "normal".

ANOTHER thing: While I was trying to re-install Windows through a Windows Installation Media USB, I was getting the same errors when it tried to reboot to complete the install for Windows. I just had to keep trying until it did not crash. And even after re-installing Windows, this crash has persisted. Which is awful, since my only possible guess was that this was a bad driver issue (I had manually installed some drivers with a driver program so I guessed it was that). So unless Windows is giving me a bad driver, it must be something else. Perhaps despite the data being "deleted" the BIOS was still reading the old bad Windows data, and was still giving errors? I do not know.

I know it might look like a hardware problem since it persists through a OS reinstall, but I really can not see how that is the case.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"BSOD POSTING INSTRUCTIONS" link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wPHhwU7sIFblEQZu--DOw_4My3MdFwJM?usp=sharing

Because these aren't exactly BSOD's during normal operation I guess you won't see as much? When I ran BlueScreenViewer, it gave me a whole lot of nothing, so idk.

• Windows 10
  • 64 Bit
  • Windows 10 original OS
  • Retail, I made the computer
  • About 3 years old, but new parts are of course newer
  • I've reinstalled the OS twice, including recently as explained in the post.
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • GTX 1660 Super
  • Asrock AB350M
  • 750W GAMEMAX
  • HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

• Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Still crashes when removed)

• Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Still crashes when removed)

• Desktop
  • BIOS: I am on the latest reasonable BIOS for my machine. The manufacturer does not recommend updating the BIOS any further unless I have a newer Ryzen 2000 series chip.

Bad drive?

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Bad drive?

How can I check to see if my SSD is "bad"?

When I tried CHKDSK, of course it would crash (because it requires rebooting). However, while I was running the Windows Installation Media USB, I went into repair mode and did CHKDSK there on the SSD, and it found zero errors AFAI remember.

1 minute ago, RainOfPain125 said:

How can I check to see if my SSD is "bad"?

When I tried CHKDSK, of course it would crash (because it requires rebooting). However, while I was running the Windows Installation Media USB, I went into repair mode and did CHKDSK there on the SSD, and it found zero errors AFAI remember.

try installing to a different drive and seeing if the issue persists. 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

try installing to a different drive and seeing if the issue persists. 

is there any other way? I figure most people do not simply "own another drive" to install Windows on and test. My other two drives are full of archived stuff.

2 minutes ago, RainOfPain125 said:

is there any other way? I figure most people do not simply "own another drive" to install Windows on and test. My other two drives are full of archived stuff.

The easiest way would be to get a cheapo USB drive that is 64GB and install Windows on it. If it runs fine, then you know it's your primary drive that it is failing. 

Also if you have DOCP enabled in the BIOS, disable it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, RainOfPain125 said:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-the-operating-system-couldnt-be-loaded-because-a-critical-system-driver-is-missing-or-contains-errors

one of you errors led me here

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

also strange that this SSD has absolutely no driver software online

On 4/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, Analog said:

Also if you have DOCP enabled in the BIOS, disable it. 

funny enough I checked BIOS and XMP wasn't on. But it is now :)))

I'll try that other method of using a large flash storage. I do photography so I have a 64GB microSD I can use. It sounds pretty silly running windows off a microSD card through a USB-microSD adapter lol.