Python or c++?

On 4/19/2021 at 12:24 AM, DeagleMaster said:

I'll be studying computer engineering next semester. In preparation for this I want to get familiar with one of the coding languages that I will be using. Should I start with c++ or python? I have some knowledge about javascript, but not much more coding experience than this.

Im almost done with my second semester of CS. My first semester was python, and currently my second semester is C++. I would say Python is much more beginner friendly, but C++ does a much better job at exposing you to how computer languages function. I would say get in touch with your professors and ask them, since they probably can give you much better advice about your classes.

32 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Recursion isn't efficient.

It was a test.

And the recursion limit was just an example. Turns out my example was invalid.

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

Recursion isn't efficient.

Recursive code tend to be smaller and cleaner thus i can be more efficient using it. 😉

ಠ_ಠ

I would personally start with whatever language the program you are staring in next semester. At my university we study pretty much only c++ for the first 2 years of the program because it allows you to better understand the basics of programming. C++ is definitely harder than python but if you learn c++ first you will easily learn python later.

Good luck!