Linus tech tips app?

mr-nipples

What do you reckon? I'd love an app for android! :)

I wouldn't mind an app for the forum

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

I wouldn't mind an app for the forum

Hmm there's nothing wrong with the Mobile version of the forum, IPB has done quite a good job I think so we don't really need an app for the forum. :)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

This thread has come up dozens of times. For the moment we're using the stock IPB mobile theme. We may implement the use of Tapatalk as well however there are currently no plans to make an app.

I'd love an app for the forum.  Mostly because my emails always come through really late, even with push notifications enabled, though apps like Twitter and Facebook send me instant notifications, so if the there was an app with push notifications for a thread you are following or PMs and such, I'd buy it instantly.

I would enjoy an app that would push notifications when new videos were uploaded on any of his channels or when they are going live. And maybe one that was optimized to use the forums or watch the live streams. 

Meh, The mobile website is very well integrated. I would rather they spend their effort elsewhere. 

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

I mean, Linus is awesome, but come on, push notifications?  Are you guys going to drop everything the second a new video hits?

The mobile forum site works wonderfully, and checking your YouTube subscription feed every so often is simple enough.  I see no need for a dedicated application.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Why not? But I'm completely fine if it doesn't happen, I am more than impressed with the amount of work the team have put in already :)

Push notifications for video uploads is a bit much I think. But for PMs and new posts in threads you are following I think would be a good idea. Maybe to remind people of the live steam too?

I mean, Linus is awesome, but come on, push notifications?  Are you guys going to drop everything the second a new video hits?

The mobile forum site works wonderfully, and checking your YouTube subscription feed every so often is simple enough.  I see no need for a dedicated application.

Yes

Lets just make this into a vote thread?

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

Probably no point as the forum is excellent on mobile devices anyway and what else could i be used for? plus i really don't think slick has the time to develope an app for ios, android, etc while doing his work and keeping the forum going.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

The mobile site works just fine, I don't see a reason to implement an app for the forums.

For anyone who has used the mobile Techpowerup app, I'm picturing something like that. An app with links to the forum, Linus' videos, etc. It would be a nice feature if it integrates well with the forum.

A big yes from me!

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Yes! It would be good for sending notifications when videos are coming out or when a livestreams about to start. I use The Lockergnome app on my iphone so something like that would be good. 

Yes! It would be good for sending notifications when videos are coming out or when a livestreams about to start. I use The Lockergnome app on my iphone so something like that would be good. 

cant you just set up email notification for that?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Make an app for iOS and Android that has a few pages to swipe through (like left and right with tabs that you can click instead if prefered).
Have the pages include: 1.Recent Youtube Videos; 2.Recent Twitter Updates/statuses; 3. Forum implementation;  4. Perhaps a twitch page that notifies you hours til stream, tells you any twitch news.

That's just what I suggest, I just hate having to open more than necessary then have to close it in my task manager.  

Check out my rig on my profile, Here!

Phone: Note 4 (32GB, White, 64GB "Mobile Ultra" mSD); Back-up Note 3 (32GB, Black)

Check out my internet speed, HERE!!!!!1!!!

I quite like the stock IPB mobile website.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

There is no need for an app, IPB already has support for a mobile version, and it works pretty well. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -