I am trying to arrange a PC build, any alterations I'm going to need to make?

REDSightZ
Go to solution Solved by AnirbanG007,
1 hour ago, REDSightZ said:

The price with the same PSU I chose (keeping for future upgrades) is $743 and without is $650

Well, if you're keeping it for future, by all means, stick with it. Well, I'm assuming that's the price with the cpu and mobo I mentioned, in which case a decent card for you would be the rtx 3060, when prices come down of course (it would still probably be over your budget). Nvidia recommends at least 550W, so if you want you could go with a 600W PSU. Seeing that the msrp of 3060 is 329 usd, you could ditch the CPU cooler and use the stock one on Intel, it should be fine, all to put more funds for your future 3060.

Of course, most of this doesn't matter if you decide to go with a lower tier GPU down the road.

Budget (including currency): 1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, Video Editing etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Screenshot_20210417-010402_Chrome.jpg

you could most likely use more storage. games these days will hog up your ssd alone without leaving room for footage. other than that I think everything will work well.

40 minutes ago, REDSightZ said:

Budget (including currency): 1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, Video Editing etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Firstly, I'd recommend the SN550 as storage, it's cheaper than Samsung. Even though Samsung would be better, it's a good drive if you can snag the 1 TB version of it since you'd be doing video editing, or you could even get the 500 one of SN550 if you see a significant price difference with the Samsung's. Get a 7200 rpm HDD from Seagate for storing games.

Now comes the most important part, I'm assuming the 1050ti you're about to buy is grossly overpriced right now. And the CPU you'd be buying doesn't have integrated graphics. So, instead of going for a Ryzen chip, you could go for an Intel chip with integrated graphics and wait till the prices drop to buy a good GPU at a reasonable price, that'd make much more sense. If you're interested, I could recommend a good CPU and motherboard for a good budget Intel lineup, along with other necessary components.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

19 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Firstly, I'd recommend the SN550 as storage, it's cheaper than Samsung. Even though Samsung would be better, it's a good drive if you can snag the 1 TB version of it since you'd be doing video editing, or you could even get the 500 one of SN550 if you see a significant price difference with the Samsung's. Get a 7200 rpm HDD from Seagate for storing games.

Now comes the most important part, I'm assuming the 1050ti you're about to buy is grossly overpriced right now. And the CPU you'd be buying doesn't have integrated graphics. So, instead of going for a Ryzen chip, you could go for an Intel chip with integrated graphics and wait till the prices drop to buy a good GPU at a reasonable price, that'd make much more sense. If you're interested, I could recommend a good CPU and motherboard for a good budget Intel lineup, along with other necessary components.

Would love that recommendation if you could please

37 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

This is the list thus far after the tips you gave me, the overall price dropped from $1030 to $800

Any other changes?

Screenshot_20210417-023001_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, REDSightZ said:

This is the list thus far after the tips you gave me, the overall price dropped from $1030 to $800

Any other changes?

Screenshot_20210417-023001_Chrome.jpg

If you have more space in the budget buy a nvidia 1030, 1060 something that has atleast 2 or 4gb ram as video editing is one of your workloads.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

2 hours ago, REDSightZ said:

Any other changes?

I wouldn't buy a z490 with a 10600K they cost a ton and there's not a lot to gain unless you're a hardcore overclocker, what you can do, is get an 11500 with a b560 motherboard, ram would be 3200 Mhz. Now, to pick a PSU, tell me the new total cost, without the PSU, and from there we'll figure out what kinda GPU you would want, and if at all we could use a lower wattage PSU to save a few dollars more.

While hardcore gaming would have to wait untill you snag a GPU, video editing (assuming you're editing stuff other than games you play), will go on just fine, with software encoding or even hardware encoding using the iGPU. When you get the new GPU you could easily switch to NVENC and save a ton of time.

34 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I wouldn't buy a z490 with a 10600K they cost a ton and there's not a lot to gain unless you're a hardcore overclocker, what you can do, is get an 11500 with a b560 motherboard, ram would be 3200 Mhz. Now, to pick a PSU, tell me the new total cost, without the PSU, and from there we'll figure out what kinda GPU you would want, and if at all we could use a lower wattage PSU to save a few dollars more.

While hardcore gaming would have to wait untill you snag a GPU, video editing (assuming you're editing stuff other than games you play), will go on just fine, with software encoding or even hardware encoding using the iGPU. When you get the new GPU you could easily switch to NVENC and save a ton of time.

The price with the same PSU I chose (keeping for future upgrades) is $743 and without is $650

1 hour ago, REDSightZ said:

Well, if you're keeping it for future, by all means, stick with it. Well, I'm assuming that's the price with the cpu and mobo I mentioned, in which case a decent card for you would be the rtx 3060, when prices come down of course (it would still probably be over your budget). Nvidia recommends at least 550W, so if you want you could go with a 600W PSU. Seeing that the msrp of 3060 is 329 usd, you could ditch the CPU cooler and use the stock one on Intel, it should be fine, all to put more funds for your future 3060.

Of course, most of this doesn't matter if you decide to go with a lower tier GPU down the road.

13 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

This is what I have, I'm gonna go for a lower end gpu for now till the  rtx cards get a new batch or if the prices for others cards get fair, and thanks for helping me btwScreenshot_20210417-200012_Chrome.thumb.jpg.474bab971d55c36b5dce6c6a60195234.jpg

4 hours ago, REDSightZ said:

This is what I have, I'm gonna go for a lower end gpu for now till the  rtx cards get a new batch or if the prices for others cards get fair, and thanks for helping me btw

Are you gonna buy a lower end GPU, NOW? If that's the case go for a different CPU like 11400f, which doesn't have an iGPU, it should a lot cheaper... The whole point of choosing an 11500 is that is has an iGPU so that you don't buy a cheap GPU, until everything goes back to normal.

So, if you're getting a 1030 (at a reasonable cost) don't buy the 11500, you'd be paying for the iGPU in it too which you won't use.

Edited by AnirbanG007