Driver Compatibility Issues Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Dimondminer11

So I have an old retro PC I built recently (Abit AV8, 4GB DDR, AGP HD 4670) and the drivers for the GPU work fine on Windows XP. But on Windows 7 all hell breaks loose. I got it working for a short period of time before it started going haywire. I think its related to the fact that the 4670 has a converter chip to convert to AGP as my native AGP Radeon 9550 XL installs with no issues whatsoever. I also have a HD 3850 with a similar converter chip and it works flawlessly on Windows XP but on Windows 7 it has the same weird behavior. Below are video links so said behavior.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

It's entirely possible that windows 7 doesn't support that card/chipset. It's also possible that the drivers did not carry over from XP to 7...

I couldn't directly upgrade to 7 from XP so I'm wondering if I can go XP -> Vista -> 7 if thats possible?

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, BiotechBen said:

It's entirely possible that windows 7 doesn't support that card/chipset. It's also possible that the drivers did not carry over from XP to 7...

A little late for this reply but the card supports windows 7 just fine. I tested it in a socket 478 P4 Dell system and it ran fine.

Try using the xp drivers or original release in compatibility mode(when installing)