Found processor and video card

Bentley81

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Flight Sim and Sim racing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was able to pick up a Ryzen 9 5900X and a ASUS Tuf Gaming 3060OC for retail so I am now looking to put together the rest of the parts I will need to get my system up and running.

This is what I have so far.  What does everyone think of my choices?  How would you build it differently?  What I have in this list is an example of how much ram, drives, powersupply and function.

Thanks!

First of all why do you have a 5900x with a 3060???

(Assuming you going to upgrade this???)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Why so much for the motherboard??? Also, I'd change out that PSU for something like a Corsair Rm(x)750 instead as Seasonic's FOCUS lineup is known to have issues with Nvidia's Ampere graphics cards. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

You could save some money by going B550 instead of X570 as there is not much difference between the two, and you could also go for a 750 watt power supply instead saving you even more.

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

First of all why do you have a 5900x with a 3060???

(Assuming you going to upgrade this???)

Yes, its just what I was able to get my hands on for now.  Hoping to get a 3080 at some point.  This will get me up and running for now and close to my target build.

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Why so much for the motherboard??? Also, I'd change out that PSU for something like a Corsair Rm(x)750 instead as Seasonic's FOCUS lineup is known to have issues with Nvidia's Ampere graphics cards. 

I don't need wifi and I want to add a lot of storage.

Just now, Misguided Penguin said:

You could save some money by going B550 instead of X570 as there is not much difference between the two, and you could also go for a 750 watt power supply instead saving you even more.

Wouldn't I sacrifice the Gen 4 PCI lanes then?

1 minute ago, Bentley81 said:

I don't need wifi and I want to add a lot of storage.

good to know.

4 minutes ago, Bentley81 said:

Ok, so then it makes a little bit of sense to go X570 then due to the amount of SSDs your putting in. Still pretty firm about the PSU recommendation. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Ok, so then it makes a little bit of sense to go X570 then due to the amount of SSDs your putting in. Still pretty firm about the PSU recommendation. 

I will for sure change that out for your recommendation. 

6 minutes ago, Bentley81 said:

You still have gen 4.0 for the gpu, but the 2nd M.2 slot on most B550 boards is Gen 3. There are exceptions like the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master that has 3 x pcie 4.0 M.2 slots, but that steal lanes from the gpu dropping it down to pcie 4.0 x8 (Equivalent to pcie 3.0 x16).

15 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You still have gen 4.0 for the gpu, but the 2nd M.2 slot on most B550 boards is Gen 3. There are exceptions like the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master that has 3 x pcie 4.0 M.2 slots, but that steal lanes from the gpu dropping it down to pcie 4.0 x8 (Equivalent to pcie 3.0 x16).

And that is not what I want to do.

32 minutes ago, Bentley81 said:

You wouldn’t get as many but b550 supports 20 gen 4 lanes meaning that most boards have one PCIe 16x slot and one NVME M.2 slot at gen 4 speeds.

1 minute ago, Misguided Penguin said:

You wouldn’t get as many but b550 supports 20 gen 4 lanes meaning that most boards have one PCIe 16x slot and one NVME M.2 slot at gen 4 speeds.

So you can have 2 gen 4 ssd running eith no bottle neck?

1 minute ago, Max L said:

If your board doesn’t have a gen 4 PCIe slot and instead has multiple gen 4 NVME slots (I know some gigabyte boards are spaced like this)

1 hour ago, Bentley81 said:

And that is not what I want to do.

Stick with X570 then if you plan to get another Gen 4 SSD in the future.

1 hour ago, Max L said:

You lose gpu lanes on B550 if you want more than one Gen 4 SSD. So the gpu slot would run at x8 instead of x16.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

You lose gpu lanes on B550 if you want more than one Gen 4 SSD. So the gpu slot would run at x8 instead of x16.

but does the Asus B550F support 1 gen 4 ssd? 

1 hour ago, Misguided Penguin said:

If your board doesn’t have a gen 4 PCIe slot and instead has multiple gen 4 NVME slots (I know some gigabyte boards are spaced like this)

All B550 boards have a Gen 4 pcie slot. The issue with B550 is you lose lanes from the gpu to make up the extra M.2 pcie lanes. The B550 Aorus Master has 3 x pcie 4.0 M.2 slots but if you populate more than one then the gpu drops down to x8.

2 hours ago, Bentley81 said:

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Flight Sim and Sim racing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was able to pick up a Ryzen 9 5900X and a ASUS Tuf Gaming 3060OC for retail so I am now looking to put together the rest of the parts I will need to get my system up and running.

This is what I have so far.  What does everyone think of my choices?  How would you build it differently?  What I have in this list is an example of how much ram, drives, powersupply and function.

Thanks!

Yeah, the 5900x is a little, huh, how do I put this? Oh yeah, WAY OVER WHAT THE 3060 NEEDS. Seriously though, go for like a 5 5600x or 5 3600.

1 minute ago, Max L said:

but does the Asus B550F support 1 gen 4 ssd? 

All B550 boards support 1 x Gen 4 SSD. If you wanted more than one then X570 is the better option.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

All B550 boards support 1 x Gen 4 SSD. If you wanted more than one then X570 is the better option.

thx