Forum Contributors Get Floatplane Access But Do Floatplane Contributors Get The Forum Perks?

Canada Man
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

This might just be something they never actually changed up.

In the past, Floatplane was fully on this forum and the Floatplane subscription was cheaper than the Bronze tier forum subscription, so it just made sense to have Bronze+Silver+Gold also include Floatplane by default.

Nowadays, Floatplane can cost the same as Bronze or Silver, depending on if you get 1080p or 4K respectively.

Floatplane however, does seem to include some fancy Discord stuff though, as it says "Discord integration" under those.

I can't seem to find this feature, if it's there but I have my linustechtips.com account linked to my floatplane account and nothing has happened so I assume this isn't a thing. Since floatplane and forum contribution are the same price shouldn't floatplane subscribers get bronze status automatically as well? 

This is a perk of having bronze status on the LTT forum.

"- Membership to the Floatplane Club with early access to Linus Media Group videos"

I am probably missing something.

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

if you subscribe to floatplane directly you don't get the bronze tier( at least that's what I've been told)

My guess is that not everyone on floatplane is interested in the forum and the other way around.

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

if you subscribe to floatplane directly you don't get the bronze tier( at least that's what I've been told

So should I just cancel my floatplane and buy bronze on here?

Remember that you and I are human and we both make mistakes. If I say something you disagree with, you don't have to fight about it.

4 minutes ago, Canada Man said:

So should I just cancel my floatplane and buy bronze on here?

that's your decision. It's not like you get a lot besides a title that says " bronze contributor" , advertisments removed , and access to a bronze exclusive part of the forum.

It's really up to you

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

that's your decision. It's not like you get a lot besides a title that says " bronze contributor" , advertisments removed , and access to a bronze exclusive part of the forum.

Sounds like a lot of good stuff to me lul. I know it isn't important but I just love exclusive things.

8 minutes ago, Canada Man said:

I just love exclusive things.

you arent missing much, tbh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Canada Man said:

Sounds like a lot of good stuff to me lul. I know it isn't important but I just love exclusive things.

I didn't even know forum membership was a thing. One question I have and may be worth considering is that there's actually two levels of Floatplane membership. The $5/mo plan only gets 1080p, while the $10/mo plan offers 4K. The reciprocal membership likely only covers the lowest plan on Floatplane, and it doesn't seem that it scales with forum membership, i.e. if you pay $10/mo for Silver Tier, it sounds like you still probably just get the $5/mo Floatplane membership. It's also unclear if you can "upgrade" the Floatplane membership. Like pay just $5/mo (the difference) for 4K. Probably not.

The yearly Bronze Tier plan is actually $5 more expensive than the yearly Floatplane plan, for what it's worth.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Moonzy said:

you arent missing much, tbh

I wanna feel elite lol

1 minute ago, Canada Man said:

I wanna feel elite lol

you do you

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

This might just be something they never actually changed up.

In the past, Floatplane was fully on this forum and the Floatplane subscription was cheaper than the Bronze tier forum subscription, so it just made sense to have Bronze+Silver+Gold also include Floatplane by default.

Nowadays, Floatplane can cost the same as Bronze or Silver, depending on if you get 1080p or 4K respectively.

Floatplane however, does seem to include some fancy Discord stuff though, as it says "Discord integration" under those.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/