Is 2-way SLI with 1080ti a good idea for new build?

So i'm currently planning a new PC build on Pc Part Picker's System Builder, and as I was scrolling TikTok I saw a guy recommending the 1080ti as it's still a good gpu and stupid cheap since it's so old. Decided to check it out and found this on eBay. 2 of these would go for about $281,83, WAY cheaper than the 1660ti I was originally planning on. This just seems too good to be true. I don't know alot about "SLI:ing", so like is there a catch I should know about or is this actually a good idea? 

1 minute ago, JohnD0e1738 said:

so like is there a catch I should know about

Almost no games support SLI, so that's quite a catch.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's definitely a scam. Hacked account, free shipping, many in stock, 0 feedback as a seller and obviously too cheap price.

Don't fall for it, it will take you days, week or even months to get your Paypal money back. 1080 Tis go for over $500 these days, so it's impossible.

You will have to find a 1660 Ti or some other card for more expensive instead and not be scammed.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Almost no games support SLI, so that's quite a catch.

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

most likely a scam. 

5 minutes ago, FRD said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's definitely a scam. Hacked account, free shipping, many in stock, 0 feedback as a seller and obviously too cheap price.

Don't fall for it, it will take you days, week or even months to get your Paypal money back. 1080 Tis go for over $500 these days, so it's impossible.

You will have to find a 1660 Ti or some other card for more expensive instead and not be scammed.

Ok, thx alot!

On 4/14/2021 at 1:40 PM, JohnD0e1738 said:

So i'm currently planning a new PC build on Pc Part Picker's System Builder, and as I was scrolling TikTok I saw a guy recommending the 1080ti as it's still a good gpu and stupid cheap since it's so old. Decided to check it out and found this on eBay. 2 of these would go for about $281,83, WAY cheaper than the 1660ti I was originally planning on. This just seems too good to be true. I don't know alot about "SLI:ing", so like is there a catch I should know about or is this actually a good idea? 

yo dude no one would sell a gtx 1080 ti you should buy a 1650 or 1660 if your on a budget