Centrifugal fan AIO cpu cooler, Liquid Cooling Tower

?!  I don’t think that’s centrifugal fan.  Note the space viable behind one of the “fan blades”. I think that is a cover for a carbon impregnated air filter.  There’s also a seam on the bottom that doesn’t make a lot of sense.  The only thing that says cpu cooler to me about this thing is the copper cold plate and the attachment ears.  I don’t know what the heck that is.  I’m not totally convinced it even is a CPU  cooler.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

?!  I don’t think that’s centrifugal fan.  Note the space viable behind one of the “fan blades”. I think that is a cover for a carbon impregnated air filter.  There’s also a seam on the bottom that doesn’t make a lot of sense.  The only thing that says cpu cooler to me about this thing is the copper cold plate and the attachment ears.  I don’t know what the heck that is.  I’m not totally convinced it even is a CPU  cooler.

its definitively a centrifugal fan. you can buy it( in bulk anyways. more picture here

https://icicleflow.en.alibaba.com/product/60807515787-816556983/Desktop_Tower_type_water_cooled_radiator_and_Centrifugal_fan_Liquid_cooling_system_AF_T_001_cpu_cooler.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.24.742b13de9oBdIJ

33 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Oh I don’t doubt it’s being marketed as one.  Centrifugical  fans generally have angled or curved blades though. Those look dead flat.  Also why do an AIO water cooler that doesn’t move the radiator any farther away than could be done with more standard systems?   The part of it that is visible shows the back side of what looks like a ribbed automotive air filter.  I’d need to see a review of it before I thought it would actually cool something.   Image 6/6 shows a completely different device with plastic ribbed hoses and has the ring that would have been a centrifugical fan as a curved radiator with weird pillars in it.  Where would this centrifugical fan be then? In the center of all that?  The best I could see it possibly being is a device the size of a big air cooler that weighs a lot more and doesn’t cool quite as well but is cheaper.   It would have to be pretty small.  There’s a decent chance it cools better than equivalent priced coolers in the best case at the price of being bigger, heavier, and less reliable.   There’s just so much that is hinkey about it.  Occam’s razor says it’s probably crap.  It might not be of course, but I’d want to see a review. $30 is half what 120mm AIOs go for though.  If the radiator/filter could be removed and a 240mm radiator and hoses could be bought  for less than $30 it might be worth dealing with regardless assuming the pump isn’t garbage.  

LTT seems to like testing weird crap they find on alibaba for amusement value.  That thing definitely looks like a contender. My expectations are not high but I have been proved wrong before.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Oh I don’t doubt it’s being marketed as one.  Centrifugical  fans generally have angled or curved blades though. Those look dead flat.  Also why do an AIO water cooler that doesn’t move the radiator any farther away than could be done with more standard systems?   The part of it that is visible shows the back side of what looks like a ribbed automotive air filter.  I’d need to see a review of it before I thought it would actually cool something.   There’s just so much that is hinkey about it.  Occam’s razor says it’s probably crap.  It might not be of course, but I’d want to see a review. $30 is half what 120mm AIOs go for though.  If the radiator/filter could be removed and a 240mm radiator and hoses could be bought  for less than $30 it might be worth dealing with regardless assuming the pump isn’t garbage.  

LTT seems to like testing weird crap they find on alibaba for amusement value.  That thing definitely looks like a contender. My expectations are not high but I have been proved wrong before.

In the product description it does call it a centrifugal fan. but i do agree with you.  i think coolermaster had/has one similar too. with a regular 120mm/92mm mounted to just above the block/pump. as far as placement goes, 99% of aios are placed inside the case anyways. however this design would just spit hot air in every direction inside the case. i don't think that would be good. absolutely we need reviews. price point: 30$ at 200-500 unit minimum= meh whatever. even if it sucks which it probably does, it would still make for a cool novelty item that could look cool on a custom sff build where the cooler extends out the case.

maybe we should drop it in the thread asking for LTT review it.

12 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

In the product description it does call it a centrifugal fan. but i do agree with you.  i think coolermaster had/has one similar too. with a regular 120mm/92mm mounted to just above the block/pump. as far as placement goes, 99% of aios are placed inside the case anyways. however this design would just spit hot air in every direction inside the case. i don't think that would be good. absolutely we need reviews. price point: 30$ at 200-500 unit minimum= meh whatever. even if it sucks which it probably does, it would still make for a cool novelty item that could look cool on a custom sff build where the cooler extends out the case.

maybe we should drop it in the thread asking for LTT review it.

There was once a lot of similar looking stuff from a company called Zalman.  The difference between this and a zalman cooler is the zalmans would have used a heat pipe instead of water to get heat into the circular structure.  Iirc they didn’t work very well and tended to be loud.  

looking about I also found a thermal right prototype that looks pretty similar as well.  

Edited by Bombastinator

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There was once a lot of similar looking stuff from a company called Zalman.  The difference between this and a zalman cooler is the zalmans would have used a heat pipe instead of water to get heat into the circular structure.  Iirc they didn’t work very well and tended to be loud.  

heres the cooler master one. masterliquid maker 92

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cooling/masterliquid-maker-92/

maker92_g1-zoom.png

maker92_g2-zoom.png

maker92_g7-zoom.png

maker92_g8-zoom.png

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

spin-q i think

15 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

spin-q i think

The thermalright one I don’t have a name for. Only the beginning of a name “toont..” found it googling “weird cpu cooler” I got no data on the thing but they apparently hauled it out to computex at one time so there’s probably data of some sort somewhere.

If I was making this thing I would have put some  fan attachment holes on the top, closed off the bottom so the top would act as an air intake, and lengthen the hoses so the thing could be screwed to a top or front vent.  Maybe even the rear exhaust vent though then it would no longer be exhaust.  There are some weird ass Alienware prebuilts that have only 1 120mm fan port to mount a cooler to.  If it worked any better than a normal 120mm AIO it would be top dog in that somewhat small niche.

Edited by Bombastinator