Normal to have two no publisher "Update" in Startup in Task Manager.

I've been havinimage.png.7cee3fc1e632b2f914f468693b63e049.pngg a couple of different blue screen issues. But I've not been able to figure out the solution. I wonder if this might have a potential issue. Would it hurt to disable both? I also hear a "Device disconnected" sound when I log in to my computer. I've only had this PC for about 6 months.

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

The "Update" for Github is discord, as for the other two, I don't have them.

Yeah. I figured that one out, and I know that at least one of the Update's is for Windows but I'm not sure if both of them are. I'm worried that it could be malware.

Just now, Trahannn said:

Yeah. I figured that one out, and I know that at least one of the Update's is for Windows but I'm not sure if both of them are. I'm worried that it could be malware.

I would disable them and see what happens. Alternatively you ca boot into safe mode which has no startup programs.

• 2 weeks later...

you could check in startup folder then > file location to see what those  are , looks like leftovers from old programs since  it's "not measured" though.

And for the record windows  update doesn't have startup entries, unless that was changed recently…

PS: as for the BSOD issue that could very well be due to the  different 3rd party control apps you have , those  can often create conflicts, I'd try disabling or deinstalling them to see if anything improves.

here's my startup for example, nice and clean ... i only really need the corsair software to control my psu fan as it tends to default to the standard curve which means the fan is *off* at idle.

20210427_113209.thumb.jpg.eace17e9026b1d67c6f21aa6cacb9038.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer