Cablemod configurator help please

Hi ltt

So im going to use custom cables on my new PC (just need to get PSU first lol)

im going for something like the build i linked in bottom just with different colors and parts

The case is going to be the same which is lian li o11d XL

my GPU is rog strix 3090 OC which requires 3 8 pin power cables

and my motherboard is Asus maximus XIII Hero

So the question is which cables would i need to buy because im not entirely sure since i dont know the names of cables that is in the configurator they have and figured i would ask for some help here

i would want pretty much every visible cable to be customized with the cablemod and would hope a helpful soul here could point me on which i should choose from the cablemod configurator 🙂 

Configurator link:

https://eustore.cablemod.com/configurator/

Also is there any difference between the direct PSU cables and the extension cables performance wise?

Would it be hard on the PSU for the extensions or should i go with the direct PSU cables?

mqfk5ixhym441.jpg

Don't buy cables until you know what PSU unit you will use. Its best to get a kit replacement for your PSU instead of extensions. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

i agree with skiiwee, i would wait until you know what kind of PSU you are going to use. cablemod has cables for what they are calling their series. 

Series

the cables are the same but different, the difference is in the ends sometimes and a corsair PSU cable may not work on an EVGA PSU but its not a good idea to do it this way anyway.

43 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Don't buy cables until you know what PSU unit you will use. Its best to get a kit replacement for your PSU instead of extensions. 

Im probably going for the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 PSU just need to find a place in or near Denmark where it is in stock. However It would be nice to get the cables at the same time. So far all i know what i should get is the 24 pin ATX for motherboard power and 3x 8 Pin PCI-E power cables for the GPU if im correct. However idk if there will be other cables visible than those hence why im asking for help here 🙂 

Also thanks for the advice i will definitely go with the replacement cables instead of the extensions. Its just that i want them in a specific mix of light blue and black to match my system and thats why im not buying the replacement pack they have and going to config my own cables. Just need to know which cables will be visible in the case before im buying so i dont have to replace them later on 🙂 

15 minutes ago, bobzen said:

Im probably going for the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 PSU just need to find a place in or near Denmark where it is in stock. However It would be nice to get the cables at the same time. So far all i know what i should get is the 24 pin ATX for motherboard power and 3x 8 Pin PCI-E power cables for the GPU if im correct. However idk if there will be other cables visible than those hence why im asking for help here 🙂 

Also thanks for the advice i will definitely go with the replacement cables instead of the extensions. Its just that i want them in a specific mix of light blue and black to match my system and thats why im not buying the replacement pack they have and going to config my own cables. Just need to know which cables will be visible in the case before im buying so i dont have to replace them later on 🙂 

And 1 or 2 8 pin EPS depending on your motherboard and what you want to use, though you really only need 1 unless you plan on putting it on LN2. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

And 1 or 2 8 pin EPS depending on your motherboard and what you want to use, though you really only need 1 unless you plan on putting it on LN2. 

Im not going with liquid nitrogen 😄 However its going to be a full EK custom loop with the EKWB G1 Distro plate. The motherboard is going to be the Asus Maximus XIII Hero. 

I see they have 4 pin EPS cables and 8 pin EPS cables so i would have to get 2 8 pin EPS cables?

They also have something called "Bridged 4+8 Pin EPS", "Bridged 8+4 Pin EPS" and "Bridged 8+8 Pin EPS" Would i need any of those?

or do i just need the 2 8 pin EPS cables, 24 pin ATX and the 3x 8 pin PCI cables? 🙂 

Thank you so much for the helpful information 😄 

15 minutes ago, bobzen said:

Im not going with liquid nitrogen 😄 However its going to be a full EK custom loop with the EKWB G1 Distro plate. The motherboard is going to be the Asus Maximus XIII Hero. 

I see they have 4 pin EPS cables and 8 pin EPS cables so i would have to get 2 8 pin EPS cables?

They also have something called "Bridged 4+8 Pin EPS", "Bridged 8+4 Pin EPS" and "Bridged 8+8 Pin EPS" Would i need any of those?

or do i just need the 2 8 pin EPS cables, 24 pin ATX and the 3x 8 pin PCI cables? 🙂 

Thank you so much for the helpful information 😄 

Just a single 8 pin EPS is all you will need then. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

27 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Just a single 8 pin EPS is all you will need then. 

Ok. So for my setup for all visible cables to be modded i would need 1x 24 pin ATX cable 1x 8 pin EPS and 3x 8 pin PCI cables? 🙂 

Again thank you so much for the help i really appreciate it 🙂 

2 hours ago, bobzen said:

Hi ltt

So im going to use custom cables on my new PC (just need to get PSU first lol)

im going for something like the build i linked in bottom just with different colors and parts

The case is going to be the same which is lian li o11d XL

my GPU is rog strix 3090 OC which requires 3 8 pin power cables

and my motherboard is Asus maximus XIII Hero

So the question is which cables would i need to buy because im not entirely sure since i dont know the names of cables that is in the configurator they have and figured i would ask for some help here

i would want pretty much every visible cable to be customized with the cablemod and would hope a helpful soul here could point me on which i should choose from the cablemod configurator 🙂 

Configurator link:

https://eustore.cablemod.com/configurator/

Also is there any difference between the direct PSU cables and the extension cables performance wise?

Would it be hard on the PSU for the extensions or should i go with the direct PSU cables?

mqfk5ixhym441.jpg

The motherboard has two 8-pin EPS, so you could do 2x 8-pin EPS (or 1x Bridged 8+8 EPS), with 3x 8-pin PCI-E (or 1x Bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E) with 1x 24-pin ATX cable. I've attached a photo of our Bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E for reference. Direct replacement cables are typically preferred as they are easier to work with and offer less cable clutter. As others have mentioned though, do lock in your PSU first before buying though as PSUs have different pinouts if you go with direct replacement cables. Extensions you don't need to worry about that in the same as they will be universally compatible. 🙂

bridged 888.jpg

26 minutes ago, CableMod said:

The motherboard has two 8-pin EPS, so you could do 2x 8-pin EPS (or 1x Bridged 8+8 EPS), with 3x 8-pin PCI-E (or 1x Bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E) with 1x 24-pin ATX cable. I've attached a photo of our Bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E for reference. Direct replacement cables are typically preferred as they are easier to work with and offer less cable clutter. As others have mentioned though, do lock in your PSU first before buying though as PSUs have different pinouts if you go with direct replacement cables. Extensions you don't need to worry about that in the same as they will be universally compatible. 🙂

bridged 888.jpg

Oh ok. I like the bridged look since it lines up the cables. 🙂 So with the Asus maximus XIII Hero motherboard i would have to go with 1x bridged 8+8 EPS and 1x bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E for GPU and 1x 24 pin ATX cable? That should cover all visible cables in the system right? 🙂 

17 hours ago, bobzen said:

Oh ok. I like the bridged look since it lines up the cables. 🙂 So with the Asus maximus XIII Hero motherboard i would have to go with 1x bridged 8+8 EPS and 1x bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E for GPU and 1x 24 pin ATX cable? That should cover all visible cables in the system right? 🙂 

@bobzen yep, that would cover the visible cables - and you'd be all good to go. 🙂

5 hours ago, CableMod said:

@bobzen yep, that would cover the visible cables - and you'd be all good to go. 🙂

Awesome thanks! @CableMod

Also decided i will be going with the Be quiet dark power pro 12 1200W PSU which im pretty sure i should be able to order custom replacement cables through your configurator.

Just to be sure in the configurator it doesnt say any wattage but when im ordering cables for the be quiet dark power pro 1200W PSU under to configurator its called "Dark power pro 12 1200" so by selecting  "Dark power pro 12 1200" in the configurator i should be getting replacement cables that fits the be quiet dark power pro 12 1200W PSU right? 🙂