will disabled hard drives stay disabled forever if I don't reenable?

Pc6777
Go to solution Solved by Speedbird,
11 minutes ago, Pc6777 said:

so I set up my computer to be dual boot(at bios level). I have 2 boot SSDs with windows that have/don't have access to certain hard drives. I disabled certain drives in both of my windows installs in device manager and also made it so the c/boot drives cant see each other. will windows ever randomly reenable the disabled drives because an update or something and mess up my separation between drives/boots or will it stay like this indefinitely? on one of the boots I have a normal windows install with a Microsoft account and internet, and the other one I have a windows install with as local account with defender permanently disabled in group policy, and all network access disabled and lots of built in windows stuff disabled/removed for offline/privacy use cases.

It might, there's no way to know for sure. If you need to be sure, you should just unplug the drives or disable the ports in BIOS.

so I set up my computer to be dual boot(at bios level). I have 2 boot SSDs with windows that have/don't have access to certain hard drives. I disabled certain drives in both of my windows installs in device manager and also made it so the c/boot drives cant see each other. will windows ever randomly reenable the disabled drives because an update or something and mess up my separation between drives/boots or will it stay like this indefinitely? on one of the boots I have a normal windows install with a Microsoft account and internet, and the other one I have a windows install with as local account with defender permanently disabled in group policy, and all network access disabled and lots of built in windows stuff disabled/removed for offline/privacy use cases.

11 minutes ago, Pc6777 said:

It might, there's no way to know for sure. If you need to be sure, you should just unplug the drives or disable the ports in BIOS.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

6 hours ago, Speedbird said:

I can also do the thing in disk management were you dismount or whatever and that works, but I think disabeling is better because when I dismount I can still see the discs in crystal disc info, when I disabled I couldn't.