Looking for a cheap PC Mic.

Skielum

Hi guys, I need a mic for my PC for $100 USD or less (less is better). I've been using my old G933 headset as a mic but it's quite annoying since I want to use another headphone for audio, and it's too quiet if I lay it on my desk.

I also don't know anything about mics and too lazy to google it right now. Thanks 馃槅

get the Blue Yeti Nano Professional. its pretty good and pretty durable. Almost the best mic. currently 90 usd

I'm not sure about the Blue Yeti Nano Professional specifically (no experience with it) but my standard Yeti has been clear and reliable.聽 The nice thing about most of the Blue USB microphones is that they have standard microphone mounts, so you can go back later and put them on armatures, use shock mounts, etc.

19 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

The nice thing about most of the Blue USB microphones is that they have standard microphone mounts

Snowball users:

Pq7uE_Ye_400x400.jpg

Anyway, if Yeti is available at shitshow price in OP's country, Fifine K669 is also a good choice. Its basically the bright BM800-esque diaphragm in the form of a USB mic, itll need some tweak to not be a massive earrape (mostly on curbing the peaking at high volume), but after that its basically perfect.

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Snowball users:

Pq7uE_Ye_400x400.jpg

Anyway, if Yeti is available at shitshow price in OP's country, Fifine K669 is also a good choice. Its basically the bright BM800-esque diaphragm in the form of a USB mic, itll need some tweak to not be a massive earrape (mostly on curbing the peaking at high volume), but after that its basically perfect.

Yep. Here's a good video comparing it to the Blue Yeti.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil聽RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite聽2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H |聽

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 |聽i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

I might go with the K670 instead, I still have 5 days till my pay day so please recommend me some more good mics. Thanks guys.馃憤

I'm also from NZ so something that can ship to NZ would be great. Also would buying an XLR mic be better? The video Fatih19 shared talked about it.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Snowball users:

Pq7uE_Ye_400x400.jpg

Lol...I'm just offering an opinion, but the Snowball was why I said most of Blue's USB microphones 馃檪聽 As for overrated or not, there's tons of great options out there I'm sure, but I only can (and should) talk about the ones I actually have experience with after all.

I quite like the Blue Yeti Nano I have. The Yeti is so big that depends where you have it, it will cover part of your view to the monitor. The nano stands right under the monitor, when I have the latter at the highest height (as I normally have it).

Thanks again for the recommendations. I ended up just buying a second hand audio interface and "borrowed" one of my mom's karaoke mics. My total spending was 65NZD (46 USD).

On 4/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Skielum said:

Hi guys, I need a mic for my PC for $100 USD or less (less is better). I've been using my old G933 headset as a mic but it's quite annoying since I want to use another headphone for audio, and it's too quiet if I lay it on my desk.

I also don't know anything about mics and too lazy to google it right now. Thanks 馃槅

samson q2u or audio technica 2005 both great for the price.聽i would also grab a neewer mic stand along with them