Smartphones difference between companies

Defective_Soul

What is the benefits/unique things of different smartphone companies (android ones), or they all just +- same phones just with different specs/body ?

13 minutes ago, Defective_Soul said:

What is the benefits/unique things of different smartphone companies (android ones), or they all just +- same phones just with different specs/body ?

That's not that easy to answer. You would want to read up on the specific device in question. Most will use stock android in some way but have features cut out or moved into their own thing to make it different. My experiences on current android phones is limited to Sony (Sony has their own interface with stock google apps), Xiaomi (mostly stock android on the international version), Nokia (stock android) and Samsung (custom interface, custom apps). I currently use an old S7 and a Note 2 on the side. So I am not fully up to date on modern Samsung phones but I generally like that the default apps are not immediately saving everything to the cloud, which would be fine but causes issues when deleting photos that just come back later, even though you deleted several times already.

That aside, there are significant differences in hardware but those are not manufacturer specific except for some odd feature like bending screens etc. When designing and building a smartphone, manufacturers have choices in screens, motherboards, ram configs, wireless chips etc. It's like ordering a pre-built pc and putting your label on it. So there are no real unique features that only one manufacturer will offer these days except for some really odd ones (see gaming phones). What it really comes down to is what you want or like. Some phones are slimmer, some are wider, some are taller some have more some have less storage. 

Useful unique features could be the S-Pen on Samsung Note devices and Sony's waterproof phones that work really well underwater. Other than those, the phones have become really close to each other in terms of features and capability. The cameras are not all created equal and getting a phone with a better one (look at reviews) could make a huge difference if do more than taking snapshots. What's sad is that the 3.5 mm headphone jack can now be considered a unique feature as well. 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

If you are looking for a phone to buy, just tell us the specifics of what you are looking for

For example,

• Budget
  • Where you intend to get it (determines price and availabiity)
  • Why current phone is being replaced

What you currently using and;

• What you liked about it
  • What you disliked abou it
  • What you want improved

Critical funtion required;

• Apps you need it to run
  • Storage required
  • Need dual sim?
  • Need ingress protection?
  • Need headphone jack? (focus on your requirements and not someone else's opinion)
  • How long u need to last on a charge

I curentty looking for change of my current huawell (you know, security iusses + non-google apps)
I had fly fs454 in past ,then cursed huawei y3 2017 (if fly had more relaiable battaries...)
budget - ~ 12000 rub (~ 155 usd)
Wishes - 1.5 day w/o charge in passive, 1 gb of ram or more, 4.75 mpx main cam or more, GOOGLE DEFAULT APPS (most important ! :3), relaiability (fly's battary too fast dying, like 1 year and it's start expand), gps (seem like there some smartphones w/o it), ability to go root (no hard locks) / use non-android (some linux distros as example)
note - i realy wish that phones you will sugest will be findable in https://www.dns-shop.ru/ because it most "relaiable/biggest" electronics shop in my little town curently

p.s. curently i am looking toward itel a25

51 minutes ago, Defective_Soul said:

@huilun02 can you say anything about pinephone ?

I would steer clear of Pinephone and other Linux phones. You won't get Google apps, of course, but it's also just that Linux on phones is quite rough and doesn't have much support. That and they tend to be behind the curve on performance compared to Android devices... the Allwinner chip in the Pinephone will make the Poco M3 seem very speedy!