32gb of RAM but windows only seems 8gb

I bought 2 sticks of 16gb ddr4 2666mhz ram from a guy on ebay and after testing them in my PC just now, windows only sees them as 4gb 2133mhz sticks each, doesn't matter what slot they're in or if there's only one. I'm wondering if I've been scammed because I've never seen anything like this before but the labels on the heatsink look legit. any ideas?

Use google images and search for the codes on the label that you have. See if the chips / chip count is different.

12 minutes ago, Frank Rizzo said:

Use google images and search for the codes on the label that you have. See if the chips / chip count is different.

these are mine here, chips look the same as online and the labels are identical to others I've found online. also has the weird little connector to the right which I presume is something for a corsair product? so I can't see anything that screams "this heatsink doesn't belong"

IMG20210410194554.jpg

IMG20210410194913.jpg

48 minutes ago, coolcommando54 said:

I bought 2 sticks of 16gb ddr4 2666mhz ram from a guy on ebay and after testing them in my PC just now, windows only sees them as 4gb 2133mhz sticks each, doesn't matter what slot they're in or if there's only one. I'm wondering if I've been scammed because I've never seen anything like this before but the labels on the heatsink look legit. any ideas?

Looking on the sticks, they are labeled as 16GB (4X4GB), meaning each stick is only 4GB

The seller sold them as 2x16GB by mistake, or ripped you off

Pizza is the best food group

12 minutes ago, FeIIex said:

Looking on the sticks, they are labeled as 16GB (4X4GB), meaning each stick is only 4GB

The seller sold them as 2x16GB by mistake, or ripped you off

right got you, I presumed it was 4gb per chip or something on each. will contact ebay