Built GF a new PC, random stutters every few minutes

Crusien
Go to solution Solved by Crusien,

Hey guys, thanks for the answers! I fixed it by simply updating the Samsung NVMe Controller with Driver Easy. Absolutely no idea, how and why that worked, but I guess it not being the latest driver made the SSD stutter or something, hence the CPU spikes. 
Also updated all Realtek Audio drivers, but I doubt it helped more than the NVMe Controller driver.

Hey guys, I built my GF a new PC but for some reason there are random sutters/micro-stutters every few minutes. Interestingly enough they don't appear while gaming. They usually apear when browsing the internet, or just randomly working on the PC. I noticed there are random CPU Usage Spikes and Ethernet Spikes in the Task Manager every time it lags. I'll upload a screenshot.
Specs:

PSU: Corsair VS650 650W
MOBO: B450 Steel Legend
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER INO3D

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 

SSD: Samsung Evo Plus 970 250GB
SSD-2: RANDOM 250GB SSD IDK
HDD: SHOULD BUY SOON

Any help would be appreciated!

Screenshot_4.png

If the screenshot is from while not gaming. The vram usage should not be that high while 'browsing the web' ...

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Is everything up to date? Does this happen with Chrome and Firefox? 

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

If the screenshot is from while not gaming. The vram usage should not be that high while 'browsing the web' ...

VRAM and System Memory loads are too high for desktop use. What is running on that system in idle?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for the answers! I fixed it by simply updating the Samsung NVMe Controller with Driver Easy. Absolutely no idea, how and why that worked, but I guess it not being the latest driver made the SSD stutter or something, hence the CPU spikes. 
Also updated all Realtek Audio drivers, but I doubt it helped more than the NVMe Controller driver.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Applefreak said:

VRAM and System Memory loads are too high for desktop use. What is running on that system in idle?

They were high because of like 10... maybe 11 Google Chrome tabs that were open. Didn't realise that until after I had taken the screenshot so there is nothing to worry about. Thanks for the time!