Best case fans? Corsair AF 120 Quiet vs Preformance

I really want to hear your opinions and experience!

I use them in my own personal rig as intakes and exhausts :) They push quite a decent amount of air even if you get the quiet edition ones(I have both the performance and quiet edition ones)

Well built fans in general and I would recommend them if you don't like the ugly color scheme of Noctua fans. You can't go wrong with Corsair!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

A have 2 120mm AF (performance) and a 140mm AF (quiet edition) and for me, they move a good amount of air and are pretty quiet at midrange RPMs.  Plus the swappable colour rings make them look great just about anywhere.  It's also nice that Corsair sells them in 2 packs.

I have found that like the SP (pressure) versions, they get kind of noisy and whiny at high RPMs, but I guess that's true of most fans.

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15

But is it much difference between the two? :) The only reason I want to buy some new fans is because i need a couple of fans who can push much air thru the case, but at the still time be scilent. Must i buy the preformance edition, or will the quiet edition preform nearly as good? :) Thanks for quick answers!

But is it much difference between the two? :) The only reason I want to buy some new fans is because i need a couple of fans who can push much air thru the case, but at the still time be scilent. Must i buy the preformance edition, or will the quiet edition preform nearly as good? :) Thanks for quick answers!

The only difference between them is their max RPMs.  The quiet editions are capped at an RPM that keeps the noise at a nice level when the fan is given full power.  So if you are going to run them through a fan controller or from headers on the motherboard than can control 3 pin fans, I would get the performance ones.

If you are powering them with straight 12V, get the quiet edition, the performace ones will probably be too noisy running at full all the time.

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15

Thanks for the feedback! I have a Cm storm trooper with a six level fan controller so then i think that the preformance edition would be perfect!