A bit of good advice please...

Hello,

I need some help connecting my motherboard to the front panel USB slots on the case.

My motherboard is: Gigabyte Intel B460 D3H Micro-ATX Motherboard (Revision 1.0). The manual for the motherboard is: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B460M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

My case is: the Corsair Carbide 100R. The manual for the case can be found at: https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/WW_100R_QSG_AB.pdf

Is that enough information?

Thanks in advance,
Richard Lindley

17 minutes ago, Rich67 said:

Hello,

I need some help connecting my motherboard to the front panel USB slots on the case.

My motherboard is: Gigabyte Intel B460 D3H Micro-ATX Motherboard (Revision 1.0). The manual for the motherboard is: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B460M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

My case is: the Corsair Carbide 100R. The manual for the case can be found at: https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/WW_100R_QSG_AB.pdf

Is that enough information?

Thanks in advance,
Richard Lindley

as long as the case comes with these two cables you're good to go

9Pin USB Header Male 1 to 4 Female Extension Splitter ...USB 3.0 20-Pin Header to USB 3.0 Type-A Short Cable

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

well...one, or the other, or of course both 🙂

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

In most cases, the PC case comes with the front panel & USB cables pre-installed.
Your case should have at least one USB 3 slot, so one of the cases cables will look something like this:
Product | StarTech.com 2 Port Panel Mount USB 3.0 Cable - USB A to  Motherboard Header Cable F/F (USB3SPNLAFHD) - USB internal to external  cable - USB Type A to 20 pin IDC - 1.6 ft

Make sure to connect it to the mobo slot that looks like this:
Lenovo Community

This will connect your USB slots outside the case to your motherboard.