Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amd ryzen microstutter

Hi guys.  Hopefully someone will be able to help me with the microstutter issues I encounter every time I try to play a game 

Specs : 

- ryzen 7 2700x

- rog strix x570-e 

- corsair Vengeance rgb 16 gb 3600 mhz 

- rtx 3070 fe 

- sabrent rocket nvme ssd 

What I tried so far

- sata / ide drivers

- power plan settings 

- memory optimiser for ryzen 

- precision boost overdrive 

- deactivating windowsgamer 

these were the potential fixes I found info , videos on and none of them worked 😞

Any ideas ? 

Need more info. What games? What resolution and quality settings? What kind of monitor do you have? (resolution, refresh, FreeSync/G-sync)

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

Need more info. What games? What resolution and quality settings? What kind of monitor do you have? (resolution, refresh, FreeSync/G-sync)

I mostly play assassin's creed valhalla and apex legends . Apex legens on a 1080p 144hz monitor and assassin's creed on a TV with 60hz refresh rate at 1440p. Monitor is g-sync compatible.  For example when I play valhalla on the monitor although the msi afterburner doesn't record it the in game benchmark does - frame drops from like 70 avg down to 11 or 12 for a split second.  Same with apex legends . Stays at 142  as I capped the frames there but it feels stuttery and jitters sometimes 

Well to me it looks like the CPU can't actually keep up. Thus the so low 1% (or 0.1%) FPS. That's a x570 board so dropping in a 5800X should so be a piece of cake.

9 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Well to me it looks like the CPU can't actually keep up. Thus the so low 1% (or 0.1%) FPS. That's a x570 board so dropping in a 5800X should so be a piece of cake.

Cpu temps are normal and load doesn't go above 60% depending on resolution I play on . The pc was planned with the update in mind since the begging.  I actually hoped I'll be able to get one of the new series cpus on lunch without luck though so I went and bought this one till I can upgrade later . With the clock improvement and ipc improvement I just hope I won't run into similar issues after 

There is an option in Ryzen Master to switch on CPU histogram. Turn it on if you haven't done so (default settings is off) and launch the game. The moment you see the frame drop, switch to Ryzen Master and check the histogram for sudden drops in clock. Do the same with the GPU in Afterburner.

7 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

There is an option in Ryzen Master to switch on CPU histogram. Turn it on if you haven't done so (default settings is off) and launch the game. The moment you see the frame drop, switch to Ryzen Master and check the histogram for sudden drops in clock. Do the same with the GPU in Afterburner.

I did not know about it . First ryzen cpu here . I'll have a look . Thanks