Amd ryzen microstutter

casper89

ok, you could try ISLC ,that actually helped me with similar issues - although im not sure it helps in your case (it's basically a

windows  10 memory leak fix)

but trying cant hurt

20210428_203110.thumb.jpg.0c0b02aed03df1124b1c441f5e4e281b.jpg

(btw that's the correct settings for 16GB RAM)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ok, you could try ISLC ,that actually helped me with similar issues - although im not sure it helps in your case (it's basically a

but trying cant hurt

Is this similar to cache empty on ram ? I had some sort of program that cleared the cache on a scheduled task which didn't do much 

11 minutes ago, casper89 said:

Is this similar to cache empty on ram ? I had some sort of program that cleared the cache on a scheduled task which didn't do much 

probably similar but this program only empties the standby list when necessary (which depends on each application) but generally this will only help If the stutters have a certain pattern, like does it happen immediately when playing a game or does it take some time (like 30 minutes) for the stutters to occur?

because that would indicate a memory leak, otherwise this program probably wont do much - just an idea i thought might help.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

33 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

probably similar but this program only empties the standby list when necessary (which depends on each application) but generally this will only help If the stutters have a certain pattern, like does it happen immediately when playing a game or does it take some time (like 30 minutes) for the stutters to occur?

because that would indicate a memory leak, otherwise this program probably wont do much - just an idea i thought might help.

I'll give it a try . Thank you . At this point I kinda gave up on the idea of getting this to work as it stands . Will try a new ram kit and if it still present I will swap platforms 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Someone in a different thread suggested I try increasing the soc voltage a bit from the stock 1 volt . Went up to 1.15 and 3600mhz runs great now for the time I tested it . No stutter so far . Will leave it as it is and see in a couple of days if that solved it or not 

On 4/28/2021 at 7:33 PM, Mark Kaine said:

but trying cant hurt

I tried that too and didn't help . After my message regarding increasing the soc voltage ram started acting up again . I got a different kit . Went with a dominator 3600mhz  and it still stutters 😞

31 minutes ago, casper89 said:

I tried that too and didn't help . After my message regarding increasing the soc voltage ram started acting up again . I got a different kit . Went with a dominator 3600mhz  and it still stutters 😞

Hmm, i see, weird. Really hard to say what the issue is, especially if you run everything at default, it should literally just work.

I mean it could be everything really, i had issues with several hard drives for example, my motherboard seems really finicky about that . The other thing that stands out to me why 3600 RAM? i mean sure its faster but that can come with issues too, for example i have a cheap b350  board, 3200 RAM and it doesn't stutter... as long nothing is maxed out obviously.  Kinda suspect a bottleneck somewhere too tbh, youre still on the second gen Ryzen ?  pretty sure for 3070 a 3600 (or equivalent) is about minimum.

i doubt  setting the RAM to 3200 would do something, it just seems unlikely, but worth a try.

Otherwise you really need to make sure you arent running into a cpu bottleneck or something. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Hmm, i see, weird. Really hard to say what the issue is, especially if you run everything at default, it should literally just work.

I mean it could be everything really, i had issues with several hard drives for example, my motherboard seems really finicky about that . The other thing that stands out to me why 3600 RAM? i mean sure its faster but that can come with issues too, for example i have a cheap b350  board, 3200 RAM and it doesn't stutter... as long nothing is maxed out obviously.  Kinda suspect a bottleneck somewhere too tbh, youre still on the second gen Ryzen ?  pretty sure for 3070 a 3600 (or equivalent) is about minimum.

i doubt  setting the RAM to 3200 would do something, it just seems unlikely, but worth a try.

Otherwise you really need to make sure you arent running into a cpu bottleneck or something. 

I haven't tried to run them at 3200 yet ... have the 5800x installed now and haven't thought it would be an issues with running the ram at 3600 on x570 ? As for drive I run a m.2 sabrent rocket nvme . In the middle of trying more things atm .... including setting the pcie slots to gen3 and 4 speeds manually rather than have it on auto . Will try the ram at 3200 next and see if it makes any difference 

2 hours ago, casper89 said:

I haven't tried to run them at 3200 yet ... have the 5800x installed now and haven't thought it would be an issues with running the ram at 3600 on x570 ? As for drive I run a m.2 sabrent rocket nvme . In the middle of trying more things atm .... including setting the pcie slots to gen3 and 4 speeds manually rather than have it on auto . Will try the ram at 3200 next and see if it makes any difference 

yeah, it *shouldnt* make a difference but yeah, it could be motherboard, or harddrive, sometimes these things just bottleneck somehow  (limited bandwidth or whatever)

So yeah, unless someone has a better idea trying out different things is probably your best bet. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, it *shouldnt* make a difference but yeah, it could be motherboard, or harddrive, sometimes these things just bottleneck somehow  (limited bandwidth or whatever)

So yeah, unless someone has a better idea trying out different things is probably your best bet. 

I've got a ticket with nvidia too and we're trying to figure out what's causing it 

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Quick update . Used the dram calculator by 1usmus and tuned the ram to 3200mhz cl 14 and it seems to keep my e sports game at the monitor refresh rate . That never happened before . Also I can see some big improvements in how the frames are rendered and seems to be stutter free . I'll test some more and see if the stuttering occurs in time 

11 minutes ago, casper89 said:

Quick update . Used the dram calculator by 1usmus and tuned the ram to 3200mhz cl 14 and it seems to keep my e sports game at the monitor refresh rate . That never happened before . Also I can see some big improvements in how the frames are rendered and seems to be stutter free . I'll test some more and see if the stuttering occurs in time 

hmm, interesting (not totally unexpected)

*fingers crossed!*

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer