My PC keeps restarting any ideas how to fix? (More details on the page)

XxSpriteBriskxX

Ok my PC has been restarting a lot late like since the past 4 months it started when I would play games and then as of recently it starts doing it throughout the day unless I let the computer rest then it wouldn't restart as much until some time passes and it restarts. I tried a whole bunch of methods even reformatting my pc and nothing has worked. I'm thinking the PSU I bought at the start of year could be faulty but I'm not quite sure I don't have money to be spending so I want to be quite sure of what the problem is before I go and replace it and I want to get more thoughts on the issue. It seems to restart almost every hour and a half it's left on after a restart unless I left it start early in the night and all night until 9 AM then it function for about 4 hours I'd say.

My specs: 

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight Core Processor 

MotherBoard: MSI 970A-G43

RAM 8 GB

GPU: GTX 1070 FE

PSU: CORSAIR CX750 (with the green lettering if it even matters)

PS: I forgot to mention that'd I tried redownloading league earlier because of the reformat and during the install process the computer would restart any clues why?

Update (4/8/2021): I can't play anything with my pc restarting

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know

Ok my PC has been restarting a lot late like since the past 4 months it started when I would play games and then as of recently it starts doing it throughout the day unless I let the computer rest then it wouldn't restart as much until some time passes and it restarts. I tried a whole bunch of methods even reformatting my pc and nothing has worked. I'm thinking the PSU I bought at the start of year could be faulty but I'm not quite sure I don't have money to be spending so I want to be quite sure of what the problem is before I go and replace it and I want to get more thoughts on the issue. It seems to restart almost every hour and a half it's left on after a restart unless I left it start early in the night and all night until 9 AM then it function for about 4 hours I'd say.

My specs: 

RAM 8 GB

PS: I forgot to mention that'd I tried redownloading league earlier because of the reformat and during the install process the computer would restart any clues why?

Update (4/8/2021): I can't play anything with my pc restarting

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know

This seems to be a wide spread issue for a lot of people. One thing we all have common is Windows 10 and their updates, maybe try to roll back to an update where this issue was not present. I have the same problem too. I RMAed all my drives, swapped motherboard, no luck. I am on a new PSU atm, but since is less than a month I am hesitate to call it "all good" yet.

Some things I did that prolong the period until a crash happened:

1) Updating motherboard BIOS.

2) Re-seat all my power plugs from PSU to component.

3) Keep any unnecessary USB device out.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

I don't think it has anything to do with a windows update because everything is fine and I went for a while until recently with an old version of windows 10 and it would even restart then

type in event viewer and look under the critical event types. whatever error it says there may give you a hit to what it is. it also could be that your ram is unstable on your xmp profile so turn it off if it isn't already

Ok I looked at critical events and it says the source is "Kernel power" and the event ID is 41. What does that mean?

I did I cleaned it one time and the computer was fine for a while and then it started to act up again but how would I know if the ram is the faulty one?

I've been having an issue where my computer has been restarting a lot but just today it stopped restarting when I tried using it but it's restarting when I play big game titles but when I play roblox it's fine lol but anyone know what couldbe happening?

12 minutes ago, XxSpriteBriskxX said:

I've been having an issue where my computer has been restarting a lot but just today it stopped restarting when I tried using it but it's restarting when I play big game titles but when I play roblox it's fine lol but anyone know what couldbe happening?

Whats ya PSU right now?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

It's most likely a heat problem, CPU or the GPU is overheating causing a restart loop. Have a program running that display GPU and CPU usage while playing a game. This is 90% why computer restart only while playing heavy games. The BIOs on the baseboard has a protection feature to restart or shutdown when it detects it is too hot.

4 hours ago, XxSpriteBriskxX said:

Gotta list your full system specs, make and model of your motherboard and power supply included. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

6 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Whats ya PSU right now?

I was getting frequent restarts before my PSU died.  If you are in a computationally heavy part of the game the CPU and GPU have a higher power draw and can overload a failing PSU.  The other possibility is as JonnyDarcko suggested your CPU or GPU could be overheating.  Are all your fans running?  Have you used HWinfo or MSI afterburner overlay (Riva tuner) to check your temps?

RAM 8 GB

These are my specs for the longest time I've been thinking it's my PSU I ran a GPU and CPU check and it was able to go up to 1000 FPS and use the CPU at it's top performance for a while but I think @Worstcastermight be right about the power being drawn from a failing PSU and causing it to restart loop. I bought the PSU I have right now from someone used but he told me it was barely used but it was working for while but I think it's on it's last legs. Any thoughts?

I'm asking because when my pc restarts and I look in critical events in the Event Viewer it tells me this everytime and I'm trying to make sure it's my power supply or if it's something else

Not really, it's just an indicator that your computer restarted/shut down suddenly without the proper powering down process, for whatever reason.  Could have been anything, like an unstable overclock.

I don't over clock and here are my specs 

RAM 8 GB

I'm pretty sure it's a power supply issue but I wanted to know if you guys think it is too

Multiple threads merged. Don't repost the same thread multiple times. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

My computer has been restarting a lot and every part is fine but I haven't been able to check the power supply because I don't know how you check for a faulty power supply but it would restart when I try playing games but it used to do it when I tried even using the computer but now it's only when I play games

2 minutes ago, XxSpriteBriskxX said:

My computer has been restarting a lot and every part is fine but I haven't been able to check the power supply because I don't know how you check for a faulty power supply but it would restart when I try playing games but it used to do it when I tried even using the computer but now it's only when I play games

it can cause the issue, but doesnt have to.

In most cases though its the psu.