Raspberry Pi hdmi port broken

PCTechBoi

Yeah pretty self explanatory, the port is bent and the contacts are all messed up.

1 minute ago, PCTechBoi said:

Yeah pretty self explanatory, the port is bent and the contacts are all messed up.

Can you show a photo of the connector?

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? If the port is sufficiently damaged, the only course of action would be the solder in a new connector or find a different suitable connector to get video out from the device (which would depend on which exact Pi it is).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, PCTechBoi said:

Yeah pretty self explanatory

Not really, lol. "Port broken" could mean a ton of different things, and you didn't even post a picture. Also not sure what your question is...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, minibois said:

Can you show a photo of the connector?

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? If the port is sufficiently damaged, the only course of action would be the solder in a new connector or find a different suitable connector to get video out from the device (which would depend on which exact Pi it is).

It is the pi4 8gb ram i dont have a photo right now but i can get one later (i will send it to you) but it is damaged. I ordered a new 8gb ram model and wash wondering if i could remote access into it.

It is the pi4

Use the 2nd port then - and yes you can remote access of course. via SSH and/or VNC.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, PCTechBoi said:

It is the pi4 8gb ram i dont have a photo right now but i can get one later (i will send it to you) but it is damaged. I ordered a new 8gb ram model and wash wondering if i could remote access into it.

Feel free to correct me, but from what I can see the Pi 4 has two micro HDMI ports:

image.thumb.png.dd72a4eb6ead69c00e63e7545f624f10.png

Can't you just use the other one, or are both broken?

I'm not really sure if remoting into it is possible without actually setting up something on this Pi too.

Worst case scenario, if both micro HDMI ports don't work and you can't remote into it, you could always get a screen that connects to the GPIO pins of the Pi, but it's up to you to decide if that is worth it vs. getting a new Pi with all ports in working order.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, PCTechBoi said:

yes, the pi will function with a broken port. so you can still use it, just only headless.
Also if you are comfortable with soldering you can put a new HDMI port on it. However soldering HDMI is not the easiest so requires a bit of expertise

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Just now, Kilrah said:

Use the 2nd port then - and yes you can remote access of course. via SSH and/or VNC.

Both ports are broken and how can i turn on ssh when i cant see the screen?

Both ports are broken and how can i turn on ssh when i cant see the screen?

put file named "ssh" in the /BOOT/ dir on the SD, that enables SSH

Just now, Wyzzy Moon said:

put an SSH file in the BOOT dir on the SD, that enables SSH

Ok, should i just spend the 80 bucks to get a brand new one and with more ram?

Just now, PCTechBoi said:

Ok, should i just spend the 80 bucks to get a brand new one and with more ram?

If you want to use it with a screen, buy a new one. But if you just need the screen once to set it up and use it headless go for the SSH option and save yourself some money. Also 80 is a lot for a Pi, they should be 35

There isn't one with more RAM, and we have no idea of what you want to use it for, so...

Also 80 is a lot for a Pi, they should be 35

Not the 8GB model

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

If you want to use it with a screen, buy a new one. But if you just need the screen once to set it up and use it headless go for the SSH option and save yourself some money. Also 80 is a lot for a Pi, they should be 35

I’m talking about the pi4 b 8gb ram

Just now, Kilrah said:

There isn't one with more RAM, and we have no idea of what you want to use it for, so...

Not the 8GB model

Oh yeah true, 8GB is the max, so that one costs more

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

There’s a 8gb and imma abuse it and play some minecraft (ik like 2 fps)

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Also for some coding, minecraft server, desktop use rly