Video uploaded to YouTube and blurry at some points

Okay so I uploaded a video to YouTube a few days ago and I was looking at it today and noticed that in some points in the video it gets a little bit smudged. Like it just blurs some stuff together.

The original file I recorded using OBS looks fine and the rendered video also looks fine so I think I have narrowed it down to YouTube. 

I saw something about how YouTube can make your videos bitrate trash so it think this is the case. I also saw something about how if I rendered my video in 4K (even though it is shot in 1080p) it could fix this problem. 

That might not actually fix it though. How can I make it where this does not happen?

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

1 minute ago, BoxTurtle said:

Like it just blurs some stuff together.

Do you have a screenshot of this? It could be low bitrate, a lot of changes at once in the video, or missing keyframes.

1 minute ago, BoxTurtle said:

I also saw something about how if I rendered my video in 4K (even though it is shot in 1080p) it could fix this problem. 

4K YouTube allows for more bitrate as compared to 1080p YouTube. If low bitrate is the problem, then uploading in 4K (even if the video is 1080p) could help.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes rendering in 4k should help. But youtube still does some annoying unfixable compression so be ready for that

5 hours ago, minibois said:

Do you have a screenshot of this? It could be low bitrate, a lot of changes at once in the video, or missing keyframes.

4K YouTube allows for more bitrate as compared to 1080p YouTube. If low bitrate is the problem, then uploading in 4K (even if the video is 1080p) could help.

5 hours ago, emosun said:

Yes rendering in 4k should help. But youtube still does some annoying unfixable compression so be ready for that

I think I sort figured out why this is happening. So I have a giant window behind me when I am recording and it produces a lot of light. This is leads to my webcam sometime auto adjusting in a way that it looks a little worse than normal. I went back and noticed that the parts in my video when the blurring occured were the exact parts when my webcam had auto adjusted bad because of the light. 

So when the video was rendered it took the slightly worse auto audust and made it look worse and then when the video was put on youtube it made it look even more worse adding on to what the render did. This resulted into trash looking video.

I have rendered the video in 4k and it has helped. I do not notice any difference between the orginal clip and the rendered 4k video. This is good because there was a difference between my 1080p render  and the orgnial clip. So it helped but that does not mean it will stay this way. Youtube will probally make it look worse when I do a test upload. I have already started uploading it is just taking forever.

So I will see how much more youtube has messed up the video when it is done uploading. The 4K render video should not look as bad as the orginal video since it did not look worse than the orginal clip (mentioned above). But to really fix this problem I probally need to figure out to stop all the light from coming it. Literally I have the blinds closed but it still looks like a giant light wall. I will probally have to gets some sort of curtains for the window or a green screen to put behind me. 

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Bitrate used? Also, make sure that you are using fixed resolution in Youtube. If there's any hiccup, and you are on auto, it may default to 480p for a couple of seconds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Bitrate used? Also, make sure that you are using fixed resolution in Youtube. If there's any hiccup, and you are on auto, it may default to 480p for a couple of seconds.

I do not know what Bitrate I rendered the video in because I used a automatic setting. I am using Davinci Resolve 17 to edit. (screenshot down below of bitrate settings, at least I think those are the bitrate settings) I am using a fixed resolution of 1080p on youtube (thats what I rendered and uploaded the video to youtube at).

6 hours ago, minibois said:

Edit: probally should have included @minibois (mentioned key frams earlier and those are my key frames settings)

Screenshot 2021-04-06 004940.png

3 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

I do not know what Bitrate I rendered the video in because I used a automatic setting. I am using Davinci Resolve 17 to edit. (screenshot down below of bitrate settings, at least I think those are the bitrate settings) I am using a fixed resolution of 1080p on youtube (thats what I rendered and uploaded the video to youtube at).

Edit: probally should have included @minibois (mentioned key frams earlier and those are my key frames settings)

Screenshot 2021-04-06 004940.png

You can see bitrate of video files by checking file properties in Windows. Example:

14.PNG.36c7e412ac18b890e89cbaa854a18c14.PNG

"Kokonaissiirtonopeus" = "Total bitrate" or something along those lines. This is from 720p30 2800kbps stream gone through some editing in Resolve. And possibly also file size reduction with Handbrake. Its made over year ago so I don't remember exactly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv