Another massive facebook hack

Droxal

Just found out that there is a new Facebook hack. More than 533 000 000 Facebook accounts with phone numbers, locations and more has leaked.

Does anyone have more information about this?

Edit: Source

New info.

A threat actor has published the phone numbers and account details for an estimated 533 million Facebook users —about a fifth of the entire social network’s user pool— on a publicly accessible cybercrime forum.

Today’s leak appears to be the backend database of an infamous Telegram bot that launched two months ago, in January 2021. At the time, the bot operator claimed to possess a database containing the data of more than 500 million Facebook users and was willing to allow anyone to retrieve the phone number and account details for Facebook users for a small fee.

The threat actor behind the Telegram bot said they compiled the database by exploiting a vulnerability in the Facebook portal in 2019. The bug was eventually patched in August 2019, but not before the threat actor had collected a large swath of user information.

With the data now entering the public domain, there is a real danger that this information will now be widely disseminated across low-skilled cybercriminals that may abuse it for email or SMS spam, robocalls, extortion attempts, threats, harassment, and more.

Data per country in source.

Source

At the moment I can't find anything about it. That's why I'm asking if someone else knows more. I will keep an eye on the news and will post more information as soon as I learn more.

If this is not newsworthy the mod can delete this topic and I would like to apologize.

Moved to General Discussion, feel free to report if you decide to format it according to the Tech News guidelines.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

They better not hack mine 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

533 million users info leaked.

Not to small of a leak.

I edit my posts more often than not

It sounds like this is old data that has been circulating for a while

A Facebook spokesperson told Insider that the data was scraped due to a vulnerability that the company patched in 2019.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stolen-data-of-533-million-facebook-users-leaked-online-2021-4

From what I can see, it's all data that was public (if you went to someone's profile, you could get that data), but the interesting bit here is that it has been collected into a queryable dataset by someone else.

It includes their phone numbers, Facebook IDs, full names, locations, birthdates, bios, and — in some cases — email addresses.

HTTP/2 203

-= Topic locked =-

Please continue the discussion posted here:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER