"Switzerland to host the first Cybathlon, an Olympics for bionic athletes"

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/26/5551180/switzerland-to-host-the-first-cybathlon-an-olympics-for-bionic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKHrDXvUsM

A coalition of Swiss robotics labs has announced the Cybathlon, the first-ever international competition for athletes who use prosthetics and other aids, will be held in October of 2016.

The competition is modeled after the Olympics and will feature six events: a bike race, leg race, wheelchair race, exoskeleton race, arm prosthetics race, and Brain Computer Interface race for competitors with full paralysis. The National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) Robotics is hosting the competition to spur interest in emerging human-oriented robotics technologies.

Unlike the Olympics, where athletes can use prosthetics only to make themselves as good as able-bodied athletes and not better, Cybathlon competitors are encouraged to use the best technology. Dual prizes will be awarded, one to the athlete and one to the company that created the prosthetic, device, or software.

Notes

-Cybathlon will be held in Switzerland on October of 2016

-Hosted by the National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR)

-Includes six events: bike race, leg race, wheelchair race, exoskeleton race, arm prosthetics race, and brain interface race

-Cybathlon competitors are encouraged to use the best technology available

-Prizes will be awarded to both the winner of each competition and the maker of said technology that helped the person win

I'm not gonna lie, this sounds really cool. People who have to use prosthetic limbs will now be on complete even ground. And just saying, but a Brain Interface Race!? All my what, that sounds awesome! We'll have to wait until 2016 for this to go down, but still, Brain Interface Race, that sounds really interesting to me.

COMIC SANS

Awesome. Now this I will watch

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I am soo watching the exoskeleton race!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You have to notice that it's a "leg race", not legs, but leg... how is that gonna unfold :S