Quick question...

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
Just now, xFireLegendx138 said:

Oh wow I had no idea oh alright thanks for the help, really appreciated!

Of course, yah, unless your fans are running at 100% speed for months/years on end non-stop then you really don't have to worry about anything 🙂

Why is it whenever I go onto a game my gpu fans spin quite fast. On a low game such as Among Us when I take off vsync my fans start to kick in but only spin around 1198rpm but whenever I go onto Fortnite - let's say... They spin much faster in the 2000RPM area. Which I've heard it shouldn't exceed. Could this be my power supply? Any other suggestions?

You're asking why the fans ramp up when the GPU is under heavy load? This is not a problem, this is completely normal, they ramp up when the load on the GPU is high and/or the temperature exceeds a limit then they ramp up X amount depending on the temperature set either in the vbios or via any software settings you've made.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You're asking why the fans ramp up when the GPU is under heavy load? This is not a problem, this is completely normal, they ramp up when the load on the GPU is high and/or the temperature exceeds a limit then they ramp up X amount depending on the temperature set either in the vbios or via any software settings you've made.

I'm just a bit worried, I've heard that they shouldn't exceed above 2000RPM though after all I guess your right if it's under load it needs to lower temps but will it get noisy in the 2400RPM + Area

I'm just a bit worried, I've heard that they shouldn't exceed above 2000RPM though after all I guess your right if it's under load it needs to lower temps but will it get noisy in the 2400RPM + Area

No, that's completely false. Fans are designed to spin at a maximum RPM based on what the manufacturer of the fans set, there is no X limit for all fans. Fan A could spin up to 10,000 RPM and fan B could do 1500 RPM max, there is no limit that's applied to all fans.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

No, that's completely false. Fans are designed to spin at a maximum RPM based on what the manufacturer of the fans set, there is no X limit for all fans. Fan A could spin up to 10,000 RPM and fan B could do 1500 RPM max, there is no limit that's applied to all fans.

Of course, yah, unless your fans are running at 100% speed for months/years on end non-stop then you really don't have to worry about anything 🙂

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, xFireLegendx138 said:

They spin much faster in the 2000RPM area. Which I've heard it shouldn't exceed.

IDK who said that but these are electric fans. They can go as fast as they are designed to go , forever. They are made to be run at 100% speed for as long as they want. The only thing that would be bad for the fan is if it was running past it's spec at like 120% speed. But they can't run past their spec without manually hooking them up to more voltage.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

IDK who said that but these are electric fans. They can go as fast as they are designed to go , forever. They are made to be run at 100% speed for as long as they want. The only thing that would be bad for the fan is if it was running past it's spec at like 120% speed. But they can't run past their spec without manually hooking them up to more voltage.

Ahhh ok thank you for the help!