PC Review Needed

Budget (including currency): £400 - GBP (British Pounds)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: School Work (Graphic Editing at times), Minecraft, Rainbow Six Seige at times

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

1920*1080p @ 60fps if possible

Could someone review this part list and say if it is any good?

WIFI card needed as cant run ethernet cable through my house.

With  a GT1030 you wont be able to play R6 seige as its not really a graphics card more of a display adapter with no real gaming potential. you'd be lucky to run minecraft at 720p and get 30fps depending on settings.

the rest of the setup would be good if you had a better gpu, but with how the world is right now it will be hard to find anything in your budget even on the 2nd hand market.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

Just now, Lord Sephington said:

With  a GT1030 you wont be able to play R6 seige as its not really a graphics card more of a display adapter with no real gaming potential. you'd be lucky to run minecraft at 720p and get 30fps depending on settings.

the rest of the setup would be good if you had a better gpu, but with how the world is right now it will be hard to find anything in your budget even on the 2nd hand market.

Ok would you know of any cheapish GPUs that would be useful in this current climate?

6 minutes ago, Lord Sephington said:

You can easily get 30 FPS on Minecraft 720P with a 1030. I used to have one. If you want to play 720P Minecraft the 1030 will smoke it. Even 1080P you should get an easy 60FPS. I could with an i5 2400 so they EASILY could with a 10100

Obviously its still not a great value card and used you could do better, but you seem to vastly underestimate its minecraft performance

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, thesneakypet said:

Ok would you know of any cheapish GPUs that would be useful in this current climate?

sadly not as i myself am stuck in the same position too, i need to upgrade but anything with any sort of gaming potential is either sold out or 3-4x its normal price right now. and it is set to stay this way for some time. the only suggestion i could give is to look on CEX website and see if something is there in budget you could order, other than that there isnt much else to do apart from try to not get scammed on places like ebay and similar sites.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

22 hours ago, Lord Sephington said:

That's bs it can get 200 FPS at 1080p I'm Minecraft and you'll manage to run rainbow six siege at 1280x1024 or lower at about 40 FPS.

I know because I clocked 100 hours with a GT 1030 on R6s and that was the ddr4 version.

19 hours ago, Cheburek said:

That's bs it can get 200 FPS at 1080p I'm Minecraft and you'll manage to run rainbow six siege at 1280x1024 or lower at about 40 FPS.

I know because I clocked 100 hours with a GT 1030 on R6s and that was the ddr4 version.

how do u get so much fps man idk if my pc is poorly optimised or what but i get like 140 with a rx 5700

2 hours ago, Preso said:

how do u get so much fps man idk if my pc is poorly optimised or what but i get like 140 with a rx 5700

That's not normal my dude,it's probably your CPU since Minecraft barely uses your GPU.

1 hour ago, Cheburek said:

That's not normal my dude,it's probably your CPU since Minecraft barely uses your GPU.

idk i have a ryzen 5 3400g, running at 3.7ghz .how can i optimize it?

also i havent overclocked, and i dont even know if this one is overclockable 

1 hour ago, Preso said:

idk i have a ryzen 5 3400g, running at 3.7ghz .how can i optimize it?

also i havent overclocked, and i dont even know if this one is overclockable 

That sound about right for a 3400g.It is overclockable,but it depends on your MOBO

4 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

That sound about right for a 3400g.It is overclockable,but it depends on your MOBO

i doubt it then, it's a prime a320m-k