Using 3 cores on my i7 10700k

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,
6 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

number of processors have been unchecked

Maybe he has not rebooted yet. That is the important part.

You can also select Normal startup, press OK and immediately restart so Windows can find all of the cores.

image.png.35afbf0d6d5735f23e963537df678337.png

@Dukedog2001 Your screenshot only shows 3 cores and 6 threads. Your CPU supports 8 cores and 16 threads. Hopefully you can find the missing ones. Did this hard drive come from a previous computer? What CPU did you used to have? You might have had half of that CPU disabled without ever knowing it.

Super confused and never had this happen with any of my pc's but windows Task manager says im only using 3 of my cores on my new i7 so I figured it was a bug with windows but turns out after running 3d mark I scored a really low cpu score for it. I looked into the bios and found that all my cpu's are enabled. looked in the system config and says 6 cpu's im knida stumped so any help would be sweet.

cpu snip.JPG

cpu 2 snip.JPG

What motherboard do you have?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

msconfig, boot > advanced > uncheck “number of processors” if it’s checked

pretty common windows just does this in the background out of nowhere if you ever run something in compatibility mode for pre windows 7

39 minutes ago, 8tg said:

msconfig, boot > advanced > uncheck “number of processors” if it’s checked

pretty common windows just does this in the background out of nowhere if you ever run something in compatibility mode for pre windows 7

check OP pictures, number of processors have been unchecked.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

number of processors have been unchecked

Maybe he has not rebooted yet. That is the important part.

You can also select Normal startup, press OK and immediately restart so Windows can find all of the cores.

image.png.35afbf0d6d5735f23e963537df678337.png

@Dukedog2001 Your screenshot only shows 3 cores and 6 threads. Your CPU supports 8 cores and 16 threads. Hopefully you can find the missing ones. Did this hard drive come from a previous computer? What CPU did you used to have? You might have had half of that CPU disabled without ever knowing it.

@Dukedog2001 May I add that if your BIOS configuration looks normal then try booting any Linux distro from a usb and check the system monitor there to see how many threads the OS is detecting. This way you can determine if it's a Windows issue or not.

Main system: Ryzen 5 1600 | ASRock A320M | 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | GTX 1060 | 1TB WD BLUE

Server: AMD A6-7400K@4.3Ghz | 8GB 1866 DDR3 RAM | 2TB total storage

On the go: Thinkpad E440 | i5 4200M | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 500GB HDD

12 hours ago, unclewebb said:

@Dukedog2001 Did you reboot? Does it work correctly now?

If there is still a problem, check your BIOS. Cores can be disabled there.

Yes Its fixed all 8 are detected and is working ran 3d mark got a really good cpu scores was getting in the low 4k mark

• 1 year later...

Hey man I have the same issue, how did you fix it?