Asus ROG STRIX RTX3090 no video

So my shiny new RTX 3090 came in today and I went through the process of peeling and drooling over how amazing it looks. Pulled out my old Gigabyte 3090 and added the extra cable to my PSU, then fired up my computer and nothing. Ok so I power cycled it and it came on. Then I registered it through Amory Crate and not 30 seconds later my video cut out. My computer was still on but just the video died. Reset again...nothing. Reseated the card checked the cables and powered it back on  with minimal peripherals (one monitor, network, keyboard and mouse). Still nothing. Literally nothing, no boot screen or anything. Contacted ASUS and they sent me to Best Buy. Anybody have any idea where I can get it repaired or any other trouble shooting ideas? I am game for anything. I feel like if I send it to ASUS they will just try to refund my money and I can not return it from where I bought it because I  purchased it on StockX...heads up they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS!!! I will say that again. STOCKX DOES NOT OFFER RETURNS!!!! I am willing to ship it to a reputable and verified business to have it repaired if need be. 

System Hardware:

EVGA 1200w P2 PSU

Asus ROG Strix B-550 XE Motherboard

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz DDR4 RAM

2TB Sabrent Rocket NVME

Ryzen 9 5900X

Gigabyte RTX3090

1 hour ago, Jonny Quest said:

So my shiny new RTX 3090 came in today and I went through the process of peeling and drooling over how amazing it looks. Pulled out my old Gigabyte 3090 and added the extra cable to my PSU, then fired up my computer and nothing. Ok so I power cycled it and it came on. Then I registered it through Amory Crate and not 30 seconds later my video cut out. My computer was still on but just the video died. Reset again...nothing. Reseated the card checked the cables and powered it back on  with minimal peripherals (one monitor, network, keyboard and mouse). Still nothing. Literally nothing, no boot screen or anything. Contacted ASUS and they sent me to Best Buy. Anybody have any idea where I can get it repaired or any other trouble shooting ideas? I am game for anything. I feel like if I send it to ASUS they will just try to refund my money and I can not return it from where I bought it because I  purchased it on StockX...heads up they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS!!! I will say that again. STOCKX DOES NOT OFFER RETURNS!!!! I am willing to ship it to a reputable and verified business to have it repaired if need be. 

System Hardware:

EVGA 1200w P2 PSU

Asus ROG Strix B-550 XE Motherboard

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz DDR4 RAM

2TB Sabrent Rocket NVME

Ryzen 9 5900X

Gigabyte RTX3090

What monitor do you have and what output/input are you using?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

I thought PSU might be the problem but you have a nice PSU. Maybe delete the drivers and try again? I hope the 3090 is not broken. AFAIK, repairing GPU is almost an impossibility. But your GPU is still covered by 3 yr warranty from ASUS. Just RMA it.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6

I have one GIGABYTE G27Q 144hz using display port and a basic LG 29" ultrawide on HDMI. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.  I figured that because I had a 3090 in it already...but hey I'm down to try anything at this point. Also about the RMA, I tried to get in contact with support and they sent me to best buy. I'm taking the card there in a little bit and will update when I get back...If the drivers thing does not fix it. Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that Asus told me to make an appointment at best buy to get the card fixed? There is no way they will have anything more than a test bench right? I just hope they do not think that I am bringing my whole computer up there. No Way is some stranger going to put their hands all over my baby...lol but for real.

5 hours ago, Jonny Quest said:

Update Asus is going to RMA the card! 

told ya bro. sending you to best buy is kinda crazy. For most electronics with overseas repair, they send 1 free product for every 10 they ship. I am sure they sent you to bestbuy because best buy should have had 11 GPUs and one should have been reserved for RMA. But being the scoundrels they are, they prolly sold that one. Anyways, congrats on the RMA but this will take one month most likely.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6

11 minutes ago, OCNewbee said:

told ya bro. sending you to best buy is kinda crazy. For most electronics with overseas repair, they send 1 free product for every 10 they ship. I am sure they sent you to bestbuy because best buy should have had 11 GPUs and one should have been reserved for RMA. But being the scoundrels they are, they prolly sold that one. Anyways, congrats on the RMA but this will take one month most likely.

I didnt think about that you may be right, literally the only thing that would make sense out of the whole trip. Either way though I am happy I am getting it taken care of.