Ryzen 2700X Wattage Weirdness

DormRoomEngineering

I'm using CPUID HWMonitor as I was having some weird behavior with my CPU. As I did some renderings in Solidworks for school stuff, I had temps >97C. I am using the stock Wraith Prism cooler and original thermal paste. HWMonitor says the CPU is pulling 200+ Watts/45 Amps and the CPU is rated for a 95 W TDP. If it were pulling that many watts I can see how the temps would be that high, but for obvious reasons I am skeptical of 200+ Watts from this chip. I have included a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about. 

Do I get some thermal paste and reapply to try it or just buy a Hyper 212 Evo like everyone else seems to?

HWMonitor SS.JPG

That's probably just a miscalculation although your temp max with 97C looks reasonably unwell. Is this stock or with some sort of OC?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

That's probably just a miscalculation although your temp max with 97C looks reasonably unwell. Is this stock or with some sort of OC?

Just memory running at 3200MHz, everything else was just put in and ran from there.

Try HWinfo64.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w