Thaiphoon burner alternative?

It keeps crashing/closing every time I open it so I need to find some kind of a replacement or maybe an older version of thaiphoon burner which I was unable to find (just ton of viruses..)
Trying to OC ram but not having luck as the timings given by the DRAM calculator never make my system boot so I'm assuming getting manual reads from Thaiphoon would be more helpful/safer.

You can download Aida64 - go to motherboard - > SPD - To see dram timings and all profiles.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

What exact RAM do you have? Some manufacturers have version (if Corsair) or serial numbers (like G.skill) printed on the heatspreader that references a specific ram IC. 

I'd also not use DRAM calculator...If you have problems with it, stop using it.

4 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

You can download Aida64 - go to motherboard - > SPD - To see dram timings and all profiles.

Don't need timings. Need to know which die it is,rank and manufacturer (know the manu: its Micron). All things you listed can be easily found

1 hour ago, ForwardVoltage said:

What exact RAM do you have? Some manufacturers have version (if Corsair) or serial numbers (like G.skill) printed on the heatspreader that references a specific ram IC. 

I'd also not use DRAM calculator...If you have problems with it, stop using it.

Have problems because I don't know the info needed for it. The "only" program that's supposed to give you info about ram doesn't work.

13 minutes ago, whysomad said:

Don't need timings. Need to know which die it is,rank and manufacturer (know the manu: its Micron). All things you listed can be easily found

NS.. I just assumed you where some kind of noob. Have you tried this? Also check if blocked by AV. Or find model number as above mentioned and search for manufacture on Google...

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, whysomad said:

Have problems because I don't know the info needed for it. The "only" program that's supposed to give you info about ram doesn't work.

Well for Crucial (how do you know it's Micron???), we can guess it...If it's 2x8, and 3000-4000 MT/s, it is M8E. If it's a 2x16 kit, then we start guessing. Is it M16E SR, M16B SR, or M8E DR. You can look underneath the heat spreaders to find out the PCB. If you see one row of chips, then it is M16B or M16E. From there, Thaiphoon Burner goes out the window because it literally guesses the DRAM stepping sometimes (as in, calls the wrong die and sometimes even the die manufacturer). 

You could look look at the PCB format, but I have had a friend where it recognized A2 as B0, so tread carefully. As for M16E vs M16B, not much is known about M16E. But, I do know, M16B has tighter tRCD and tighter tRFC. 

But, if the kit isn't Crucial, then just post the exact kit you have. If it's Adata, sure, I have no idea how to know what they use. If it's Corsair with their Rev.B, Rev.E, and Rev.D funzies, then you will have to overclock it before you know what exactly it is (the behavior tells you what it is). If it's not Micron from Corsair, then we literally know what it is (post ver number). If it's G.skill, I will also know exactly what it is (post serial number like x8820C). 

20 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

NS.. I just assumed you where some kind of noob. Have you tried this? Also check if blocked by AV. Or find model number as above mentioned and search for manufacture on Google...

I think I tried it and it didn't help but I had an older version some time ago and it worked fine.. My problem now is.. I can't find a proper download for older versions. I will try this solution again,will let you know if it helps. 
edit: Tested,didn't work. 

17 hours ago, ForwardVoltage said:

Well for Crucial (how do you know it's Micron???), we can guess it...If it's 2x8, and 3000-4000 MT/s, it is M8E. If it's a 2x16 kit, then we start guessing. Is it M16E SR, M16B SR, or M8E DR. You can look underneath the heat spreaders to find out the PCB. If you see one row of chips, then it is M16B or M16E. From there, Thaiphoon Burner goes out the window because it literally guesses the DRAM stepping sometimes (as in, calls the wrong die and sometimes even the die manufacturer). 

You could look look at the PCB format, but I have had a friend where it recognized A2 as B0, so tread carefully. As for M16E vs M16B, not much is known about M16E. But, I do know, M16B has tighter tRCD and tighter tRFC. 

But, if the kit isn't Crucial, then just post the exact kit you have. If it's Adata, sure, I have no idea how to know what they use. If it's Corsair with their Rev.B, Rev.E, and Rev.D funzies, then you will have to overclock it before you know what exactly it is (the behavior tells you what it is). If it's not Micron from Corsair, then we literally know what it is (post ver number). If it's G.skill, I will also know exactly what it is (post serial number like x8820C). 

"How do you know it's Micron" because I used to be able to run Thaiphoon earlier (I remember it had 1 rank and it was Micron,forgot the die). I had a different mobo but due mobo being trash I had to switch like 3 times (cus audio issues-bios issues.. just being unlucky) and never really bothered to fuck around RAM settings since.
It's 2x8 kit. To add,even if I did knew the die I need Thaiphoon for different kind of readings.
When I tried to put A2,Ryzen DRAM calculator had no results,I had to have it on A0. 

It's definitely Crucial and it's definitely MICRON (the number on ram itself proves it aswell: MT40A is starting number - MT standing for Micron Techhnology confirmed by Crucial themselves)
I just don't know what type of die because I don't remember from last time I was able to use Thaiphoon which seems to be the "only" program to actually help with this.

Bump on this,still haven't found a solution.

• 3 months later...
Thaiphoon Burner software owner banned me from geting a license, i don't get any reason, the guy has a toxic attitude and i don't recommend to buy any software from kinda people ! dogs*** !

image.png.9acecffe10acb6fd8ead4aa90c434d40.png

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, ForwardVoltage said:

Well for Crucial (how do you know it's Micron???)

Crucial IS Micron. All Crucial memory is actually Micron memory since Micron is both the IC manufacturer AND the parent company of Crucial. Just to clarify that in case there was any doubt.