Some of my old stuff

Was doing some room cleaning and uncovered some old stuff. The camcorder is quite potato quality because 1/8" sensor and interlaced 480i recording, but the zoom is monstrous. The original, Standard Definition GoPro was originally my Dad's. Actually, I went into a cycle shop with Mom to pick it up for his birthday. The HD version was another $100 at the time. I was still in high school then. Absolutely crazy how much time passed. 

The Polaroid was my grandparents' though they seldom used it. Ive a couple more cameras around, but I'd already spent way too much time on a whim. 😛

Anyone else have some old stuff?

_DSC1112-2.JPG

_DSC1102.JPG

_DSC1116.JPG

_DSC1123.JPG

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

32 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Was doing some room cleaning and uncovered some old stuff. The camcorder is quite potato quality because 1/8" sensor and interlaced 480i recording, but the zoom is monstrous. The original, Standard Definition GoPro was originally my Dad's. Actually, I went into a cycle shop with Mom to pick it up for his birthday. The HD version was another $100 at the time. I was still in high school then. Absolutely crazy how much time passed. 

The Polaroid was my grandparents' though they seldom used it. Ive a couple more cameras around, but I'd already spent way too much time on a whim. 😛

_DSC1112-2.JPG

_DSC1102.JPG

_DSC1116.JPG

_DSC1123.JPG

Polaroid is a dead company but they had an amazing tech: self developing film.  The film cartridges may be more valuable than the camera at this point.  I don’t think anyone makes them any more.  Could be wrong.  Polaroid poured all of its profits into the R&D department for years.  People would go and work there, claim they had discovered nothing, quit, and boom. Amazing technology advance they somehow didn’t quite make when working at Polaroid.   Polaroid paid for a lot of advances in tech but never got to reap the benefits.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Polaroid is a dead company but they had an amazing tech: self developing film.  The film cartridges may be more valuable than the camera at this point.  I don’t think anyone makes them any more.  Could be wrong.  Polaroid poured all of its profits into the R&D department for years.  People would go and work there, claim they had discovered nothing, quit, and boom. Amazing technology advance they somehow didn’t quite make when working at Polaroid.   Polaroid paid for a lot of advances in tech but never got to reap the benefits.

The film from Polaroid Originals (not the same company, but obtained rights to the name and developed their own compatible film) runs about $20/8 shots, so you’re quite likely right that a pack of film is more expensive than my actual camera’s value. An SX-70 would be fun though. 

https://us.polaroid.com/products/color-600-instant-film?quantity=1

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

110 year old lens on a 5 year old camera (Chamonix) , a 60 year old camera (Leica m2) with a 70 year old lens (nikkor 50mm). A bunch more in the camera bag. 

mmexport1616993373474.jpg

IMG_20190131_130229_063.jpg