LOL This Is Ironic

The fact youre not using Adblock is funnier.

The fact that you are on LTT forum while encouraging people to use Adblock over LTT's videos is even funnier. Prepare to get demolished here onward. Its all downhill from here. :P

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

The fact that you think people shouldn't be payed for their work is sad.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

NewEgg Add On Linus's Video? xDattachicon.gifScreenshot_6.png

A tech ad on a tech channel, how is this irony?

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

The fact that you are on LTT forum while encouraging people to use Adblock over LTT's videos is even funnier. Prepare to get demolished here onward. Its all downhill from here. :P

Demolished? The average poster here isnt capable of using their brain, they just post misinformation and memes.

The fact that you think people shouldn't be payed for their work is sad.

The content is free. If he wanted to get paid for it, then why would it be put on youtube for free?

A tech ad on a tech channel, how is this irony?

I think he means it is funny because Linus did/does videos for NCIX.

The content is free. If he wanted to get paid for it, then why would it be put on youtube for free?

He does get paid for it. How do you think we're able to get this content for free? How do you think the channels get money? That's right, ad revenue. If enough people block ads on Linus' channel, he couldn't afford to keep doing it. There'd be no video to block ads on.

Edited by JohnnyGrey
Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Demolished? The average poster here isnt capable of using their brain, they just post misinformation and memes.

ad revenue.... Thats how youtubers get paid, did ya think full time youtubers with no "job" just sat around without needing to buy food, pay bills, ect ect?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

He does get paid for it. How do you think we're able to get this content for free? How do you think the channels get money? That's right, ad revenue. If enough people block ads on Linus' channel, he couldn't afford to keep doing it. There'd be no video to block ads on.

Very well said. It's really sad that the amount of people who don't realize is so high...

first of all, ad system on youtube is BROKEN and I will not support it. I will use ad block on youtube as long as its broken. ad is not always displayed and sometime they even put ad on end of video. most of youtubers put previous videos and links to the end which is not interesting for regular viewer, therefore they'll quit before video ends and youtuber wont get any money. as I said previously, sometime there is no ad at all. one day I did my own test and I watched only people that are monetizing youtube videos and only half of them had ads. so they are getting only half of what they should get from me watching it. anyway, youtube ad system is bad I will continue using adblock. I have white-listed few sites which dont have annoying ads or have actually good adds[including this forum and twitch].

first of all, ad system on youtube is BROKEN and I will not support it. I will use ad block on youtube as long as its broken. ad is not always displayed and sometime they even put ad on end of video. most of youtubers put previous videos and links to the end which is not interesting for regular viewer, therefore they'll quit before video ends and youtuber wont get any money. as I said previously, sometime there is no ad at all. one day I did my own test and I watched only people that are monetizing youtube videos and only half of them had ads. so they are getting only half of what they should get from me watching it. anyway, youtube ad system is bad I will continue using adblock. I have white-listed few sites which dont have annoying ads or have actually good adds[including this forum and twitch].

ive never had those issues O.o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I am incapable of using my brain and I post misinformed memes. 

go-home-youre-drunk.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

ad revenue.... Thats how youtubers get paid, did ya think full time youtubers with no "job" just sat around without needing to buy food, pay bills, ect ect?

Very well said. It's really sad that the amount of people who don't realize is so high...

I do realise that people make money through advertisements. It is a very widely used business model today.

I myself have two websites that are self supporting through advertisements, they are a hobby, and I dont get angry when people use adblock. The majority of my visitors use it.

The person making the videos has made a choice to do so. nobody is forcing them to make them. If they are not getting paid enough through advertisements then they should do another job. They dont earn the right to make videos for a living just because they can bring attention to themselves and their content. The content is uploaded for free, without any costs to view it, so I will consume it in any way I want.

Youtube could easily stop people using adblock if they wanted.

I made a simple joke and you all go crazy. Im not going to reply to any more of these posts unless it is something constructive and intelligible.

How did one post become a bitchfest about ad block?

By me making a small joke about OP not using adblock.

Its only free because the ads pay for it, nothing is free, using adblock is like being a pirate just in a different way

Its only free because the ads pay for it, nothing is free, using adblock is like being a pirate just in a different way

It is free becuase the person has uploaded it for free, gambling that they will get the money back that it cost to make the video. It isnt at all like pirating a film.

breathing is free ;)

I do realise that people make money through advertisements. It is a very widely used business model today.

I myself have two websites that are self supporting through advertisements, they are a hobby, and I dont get angry when people use adblock. The majority of my visitors use it.

The person making the videos has made a choice to do so. nobody is forcing them to make them. If they are not getting paid enough through advertisements then they should do another job. They dont earn the right to make videos for a living just because they can bring attention to themselves and their content. The content is uploaded for free, without any costs to view it, so I will consume it in any way I want.

Youtube could easily stop people using adblock if they wanted.

I made a simple joke and you all go crazy. Im not going to reply to any more of these posts unless it is something constructive and intelligible.

By me making a small joke about OP not using adblock.

It is free becuase the person has uploaded it for free, gambling that they will get the money back that it cost to make the video. It isnt at all like pirating a film.

Yes it is, an ad is a fee to the user, just instead of money it is time. Pirating in my mind is getting around the fees and getting a product for free, and a monetized youtube video is free

#noadblockmasterrace

#linusgetmoney

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

are you sure... Ok yah but dont take me that literal :P

well maybe in the future, oxygen will be so pulluted we will have to buy fresh canned air like we do with water bottles today

Thats like saying "Nobody is forcing people to make movies" or "Nobody is forcing people to make... toasters" Nobody is forcing anyone but that's not how capitalism works now is it.