Pre-purchase sanity check

Hello LTT forum! I am looking to purchase a new notebook and have my sights set on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen 9. It will definitely work for my general use case, but I have one concern. On rare occasions I will need to use this machine to run a livestream through OBS. It is not a complicated stream, two cameras and sound in from a mixer, streaming to youtube at 720p30. Can the 1165g7 (or 1185g7) with integrated Xe graphics and 16 gb RAM handle this task, or do I need to go to something with a discrete GPU?

I really appreciate any input any opinions you all have.

16 minutes ago, gordopa1 said:

Hello LTT forum! I am looking to purchase a new notebook and have my sights set on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen 9. It will definitely work for my general use case, but I have one concern. On rare occasions I will need to use this machine to run a livestream through OBS. It is not a complicated stream, two cameras and sound in from a mixer, streaming to youtube at 720p30. Can the 1165g7 (or 1185g7) with integrated Xe graphics and 16 gb RAM handle this task, or do I need to go to something with a discrete GPU?

I really appreciate any input any opinions you all have.

Yeah, it should be fine. Personally would get an XPS for most office/web browsing use cases, but that's besides the point.

7 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Yeah, it should be fine. Personally would get an XPS for most office/web browsing use cases, but that's besides the point.

Yes, the XPS was on my short list, but the lack of USB A and HDMI ports and the fact that they aren't shipping until May dissuaded me. 

12 minutes ago, Avanta8 said:

Hi, yes the 1165g7 should be perfectly adequate.

Thank you!