Is my laptop cpu bottleneck?

Sobber

Hi, I was wondering if my CPU is just high usage or bottleneck, 

I was just in a discord call with my friends while playing a game, I was Doing Alt+Tab for pasting a Link and a picture of what the game actually looks like to them. And after that, I'm getting so much lag spikes from my pc. I ended the call when I getting lag spikes. After that, I still get Lag, slow response and sometimes choppy. It's almost been 1 week and I haven't got any solutions to fix this.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 092515.png

4 minutes ago, Kavamale21 said:

more like memory bottleneck

Would upgrading the ram should fix it? Or, is there another solution to fix it?

Just now, Nerdesth said:

Would upgrading the ram would fix it?

basicaly its only thing you can upgrade if its not soldered it can help a lot as windows only use 3-4gb of ram. but your cpu looks like horibly trotling so checking temps of it and if fans working properly good idea.

5 minutes ago, Kavamale21 said:

basicaly its only thing you can upgrade if its not soldered it can help a lot as windows only use 3-4gb of ram. but your cpu looks like horibly trotling so checking temps of it and if fans working properly good idea.

Alright, I'll try to upgrade my ram, and my fans is working properly, I'll just clean the dust out of the fans. Thank you for responding!

1 minute ago, Nerdesth said:

Alright, I'll try to upgrade my ram, and my fans is working properly, I'll just clean the dust out of the fans. Thank you for responding!

if that screenshot after 3h of gaming i think even if fans working you cpu termal trotling.

5 minutes ago, Kavamale21 said:

if that screenshot after 3h of gaming

No, I don't do 3h gaming, I mostly do 1-2 hours of gaming, Mostly Persona game, and I spend my time on YouTube and Doing School Works. By the way, Is the screenshot bellow really memory bottleneck, I'm just double checking. 

image.png

image.png

No, I don't do 3h gaming, I mostly do 1-2 hours of gaming, Mostly Persona game, and I spend my time on YouTube and Doing School Works. By the way, Is the screenshot bellow really memory bottleneck, I'm just double checking. 

image.png

still 1,2GHz for this cpu looks like bottom line it shoud be able too bost more as it was on hi load. try using open hardware monitor to track temps and boost.

it is bottlenecking

5 minutes ago, Nerdesth said:

No, I don't do 3h gaming, I mostly do 1-2 hours of gaming, Mostly Persona game, and I spend my time on YouTube and Doing School Works. By the way, Is the screenshot bellow really memory bottleneck, I'm just double checking. 

image.png

image.png

Just now, Cozar465 said:

it is bottlenecking

CPU Bottleneck?

3 minutes ago, Kavamale21 said:

try using open hardware monitor to track temps and boost

Okay.

CPU Bottleneck?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196588/intel-core-i3-1005g1-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

in a way yes, but this cpu shoud go up to 3ghz at least on hi load exept if its termal or power trotling.thats thy i advice to chek temps and clocks in openhardware monitor you can keep it running in bacground while using pc and later check that max bost bost speed and temps its recorded and if you get lag take a quik look in temps and clocks. because its laptop can be just shity termal desing

23 minutes ago, Kavamale21 said:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196588/intel-core-i3-1005g1-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

in a way yes, but this cpu shoud go up to 3ghz at least on hi load exept if its termal or power trotling.thats thy i advice to chek temps and clocks in openhardware monitor you can keep it running in bacground while using pc and later check that max bost bost speed and temps its recorded and if you get lag take a quik look in temps and clocks. because its laptop can be just shity termal desing

I'll it try later, because Break is almost over. But, I saw my cpu goes to 3ghz sometimes after the discord call when I tried to play Persona Strikers. I'll send it to you later after my class. Thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Kavamale21 said:

Hi, I'm back this is what I got When It reached 3 Ghz and I got the temp to. Here it is. 

image.png

10 hours ago, Nerdesth said:

Hi, I'm back this is what I got When It reached 3 Ghz and I got the temp to. Here it is. 

image.png

14 hours ago, Nerdesth said:

I'll it try later, because Break is almost over. But, I saw my cpu goes to 3ghz sometimes after the discord call when I tried to play Persona Strikers. I'll send it to you later after my class. Thank you very much!

Thats perfect example of termal trotling in my ayes. you laptop cpu overheating. then cutting down clocks to manage heat and you get lags and unresponsive system

it's basically both,  memory and cpu bottlenecked... 

But what has already been suggested seems good advice. 

Try upgrading to more ram, clean the fans and vents, and you may also replace the thermal paste.

Because maybe the cpu is weak but it shouldn't be this hot, then it could also boost more...definitely worth trying to get temps down imo.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

19 hours ago, Kavamale21 said:

you laptop cpu overheating

What should I do then?

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Try upgrading to more ram, and you may also replace the thermal paste.

What's the good ram and thermal paste for my laptop, this laptop is, Acer Aspire 5 A514-53G-37FG