if I combine 16gb and 8gb of ram will it be dual channel ?

Hello , I have just bought hp pavilion gaming with Ryzen 7 4800h , gtx 1660ti max q and 16gb of RAM .

the problem is that the ram is single channel , it s teamgroup 2666mhz 16gb of ram and that really affects my fps in valorant because i was getting average 120fps while it should be over 180 watch this video to see the difference : 

so now i don't have much more money to buy another 16gb of ram . so if i get a 8gb from the same manufacturer and the same clock speed ( 2 slpots 16gb + 8gb ) will it run as dual channel or should i get the 16gb version. 

29 minutes ago, Zemni1 said:

Hello , I have just bought hp pavilion gaming with Ryzen 7 4800h , gtx 1660ti max q and 16gb of RAM .

the problem is that the ram is single channel , it s teamgroup 2666mhz 16gb of ram and that really affects my fps in valorant because i was getting average 120fps while it should be over 180 watch this video to see the difference : 

so now i don't have much more money to buy another 16gb of ram . so if i get a 8gb from the same manufacturer and the same clock speed ( 2 slpots 16gb + 8gb ) will it run as dual channel or should i get the 16gb version. 

1. Those videos really shouldn't be your source of information. They're often inaccurate or miss certain key details. They have a very different laptop which might have a more robust cooling solution, and there might be other factors involved. 

2. You made sure there's two slots in the laptop, and that the ram isn't soldered, right? 

3. Provided that you match the speed, model (ish)and cas latency, you should be fine, unless you use some really messed up ram. Even if you don't you probably should be fine.  It will run in dual-channel most likely. 

4. Do note that by opening up your laptop and replacing your ram, you're *most likely* voiding your warranty. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

It *should*, *possibly*, run in dual channel up to when the smallest stick is full. So say you have and 8 and 16, totaling 24. Up until you use 16 GB, it may run in dual channel (I think it depends on bios? Maybe? I forget what determines this as it’s sorta not a common way to go about it), but once you use past 16 GB, so anything between 16 and 24 GB of usage, will drop back to single channel. 

Really, you should just try and get another 16 GB stick @Zemni1

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

thank you very much for the clarification. i know that i will void my warranty but i have 144hz screen and i m not utilizing it because i get average 120 fps and sometimes it drops down to 80 and 90 if i play for a long period of time so i m ready to do it all for the 144hz mark .