Windows 7 Home Premium OA X16-96072 (64bit) - ISO Files

Go to solution Solved by Harrydarth,
3 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there.

If you have the Windows 7 product key, you could probably download the ISO file directly from Microsoft's site: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files). I'm uncertain whether this will work for laptop product keys, however -- I think it only works for retail keys? I recall trying it with my Manager's laptop product key, and Microsoft not verifying the OEM key.

If Microsoft's site doesn't work, you could also try HeiDoc.net's Windows ISO Downloader Tool. It's a legitimate tool that directly downloads ISO files from Microsoft's servers.

2 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Heidoc has a downloader tool that lets you download a Windows 7 image directly from Dell. Just used it yesterday for a Dell Precision. 

Thank you both! this is super helpful. I did run into not being able to download it directly from Microsoft due to it being a laptop product key as well (gave me an error and told me to contact the manufacturer...). I’ll keep this in mind when looking for ISO files again for this laptop. Thanks!

I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 onto a new HDD for a friend's Dell XPS 15Z laptop, and I have been have major difficulty finding the correct ISO files for this model. It is for a Dell XPS 15Z (X16-96072). Anyone with ISO files for this specific model would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The ISO from Microsoft works on any Windows 7 compatible PC.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 minutes ago, Harrydarth said:

I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 onto a new HDD for a friend's Dell XPS 15Z laptop, and I have been have major difficulty finding the correct ISO files for this model. It is for a Dell XPS 15Z (X16-96072). Anyone with ISO files for this specific model would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ISO's provided on Microsoft"s site is universally compatible for every manufacturer. There is no specific ISO for different manufacters.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I think OP wants the Dell win7 iso with the PC drivers. Check with Dell for that on their website.

Hey there.

14 minutes ago, Harrydarth said:

Anyone with ISO files for this specific model would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the Windows 7 product key, you could probably download the ISO file directly from Microsoft's site: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files). I'm uncertain whether this will work for laptop product keys, however -- I think it only works for retail keys? I recall trying it with my Manager's laptop product key, and Microsoft not verifying the OEM key.

If Microsoft's site doesn't work, you could also try HeiDoc.net's Windows ISO Downloader Tool. It's a legitimate tool that directly downloads ISO files from Microsoft's servers.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Heidoc has a downloader tool that lets you download a Windows 7 image directly from Dell. Just used it yesterday for a Dell Precision. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there.

2 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Thank you both! this is super helpful. I did run into not being able to download it directly from Microsoft due to it being a laptop product key as well (gave me an error and told me to contact the manufacturer...). I’ll keep this in mind when looking for ISO files again for this laptop. Thanks!