Looking for a 120GB/128GB SSD

jaffacakes

Hi, I'm looking for a 120GB/128GB SSD, which doesn't cost much. Are there any brands in particular that are good? I've already heard that Samsung should be one of the best.

Thanks in advance :D

I love the evo but ifgured out at the 250gb range buying a five hundred is a better deal. So look into that before you buy

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

I love the evo but ifgured out at the 250gb range buying a five hundred is a better deal. So look into that before you buy

I'd love to have a 250GB or higher SSD, but i have a limited budget, so i can't get higher than a 120GB SSD

Hi, I'm looking for a 120GB/128GB SSD, which doesn't cost much. Are there any brands in particular that are good? I've already heard that Samsung should be one of the best.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-2-5-Inch-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395781400&sr=8-1&keywords=V300+120

Here is the Kingston, it was only $63 just a few days ago.  Shame that it went back up in price.  It is not the best brand, but it does the job.  I have one myself and it performs very well.  My computer goes from off, to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds.

Now.. Kingston recently switched flash memories and went with a slower, more cost effective type of flash.  The Samsung 840 EVO is absolutely, without question the best SSD at its price point, and because the Kingston is back up to $75, I would recommend to just go with the Samsung.  The rated speeds of these SSDs only apply to large file transfers, the speeds in day-to-day tasks will be unnoticeable.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

A-Data has better deals. Their 256GB versions are so cheap you might be able to afford one.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-2-5-Inch-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395781400&sr=8-1&keywords=V300+120

Here is the Kingston, it was only $63 just a few days ago.  Shame that it went back up in price.  It is not the best brand, but it does the job.  I have one myself and it performs very well.  My computer goes from off, to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds.

Now.. Kingston recently switched flash memories and went with a slower, more cost effective type of flash.  The Samsung 840 EVO is absolutely, without question the best SSD at its price point, and because the Kingston is back up to $75, I would recommend to just go with the Samsung.  The rated speeds of these SSDs only apply to large file transfers, the speeds in day-to-day tasks will be unnoticeable.

What about the Kingston HyperX 3K? is that better than EVO and V300?

What about the Kingston HyperX 3K? is that better than EVO and V300?

The Kingston HyperX 3k is the same as V300 according to benchmarks.  The EVO is better than everything.  But again, unless you are doing lots of large file transfers often, then any SSD for day-to-day use will work well.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Current low cost ssd tend to be Kingston V300, Crucial M500, PNY XLR8, and Adata SP900. The V300 has been getting some knocks lately as apparently Kingston changed to a much slower memory part without telling anyone. None the less, a slow ssd is typically an order of magnitude faster than an hdd.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The Kingston HyperX 3k is the same as V300 according to benchmarks.  The EVO is better than everything.  But again, unless you are doing lots of large file transfers often, then any SSD for day-to-day use will work well.

Current low cost ssd tend to be Kingston V300, Crucial M500, PNY XLR8, and Adata SP900. The V300 has been getting some knocks lately as apparently Kingston changed to a much slower memory part without telling anyone. None the less, a slow ssd is typically an order of magnitude faster than an hdd.

Thank you very much, I'll go with the EVO, since it costs as much as the HyperX 3K.

• 3 weeks later...

The Evo is the best for the value.

What about Sandisk's Extreme II? isn't that faster than the EVO?

The Evo has the best price/performance and it is the most sold SSD at Amazon, Mindfactory,... So many buyers can't be wrong

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The Evo has the best price/performance and it is the most sold SSD at Amazon, Mindfactory,... So many buyers can't be wrong

Probably because we all keep suggesting EVO ALL the time xD Anyway it's the best price/performance out there, you cant go wrong with this.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log