Nvidia Introduces Worlds First High-Speed GPU Interconnect

4960X

NVIDIA today announced that it plans to integrate a high-speed interconnect, called NVIDIA NVLink, into its future GPUs, enabling GPUs and CPUs to share data five to 12 times faster than they can today. This will eliminate a longstanding bottleneck and help pave the way for a new generation of exascale supercomputers that are 50-100 times faster than today's most powerful systems.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2014/nvidia-introduces-worlds-first-high-speed-gpu-interconnect/

Show, my laptop could run bf4 on high with this?

edit: I thought something else...  wish I could erase this

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Meh it will again be nvidia exclusive, meaning if skylake and whatever-lake support it, either amd has to adopt this, or we will see different boards for amd and nv gpu users :c

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Definitely not the "first" AMD beat them to the curve with the XDMA engine in Hawaii.

This is CPU - gpu connect like pcie is, not gpu - gpu like ribbons and xdma are ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

The XDMA engine uses PCIe -__-

you still dont get it. ;) this replaces pcie. This is to pcie like pcie was to pci and agp.

you still dont get it. ;) this replaces pcie. This is to pcie like pcie was to pci and agp.

Noooo, this uses PCIE as well.

Nvidia is basically doing exactly what AMD did, they even reference the use of a DMA engine.

nvidia1.jpg

Nvidia is basically doing exactly what AMD did, they even reference the use of a DMA engine.

Posted Image

Oh yeah, reread it now. I. Misunderstood this since they were talking about more bandwith than currently used and the connector being smalled that pcie

nvidia1.jpg

AMD's XDMA is GPU to GPU for multi GPU systems. This Nvidia gig is GPU - CPU connections. It seems to be more focused towards commercial applications in supercomputers than in consumer computers (at least the only references I saw were for commercial use).

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2014/01/03/modernizing-multi-gpu-gaming-with-xdma

I don't even think AMD mentions the GPU-CPU connection once in that.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm confused lol / reading wrong/ I don't know

The text of the article sounds like it replaces PCI-E but the images don't

cardgasm

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

This technology will be available in 2016 with Pascal which comes after Maxwell. We have a long way to go.

wasnt it volta, after maxwell?

This technology will be available in 2016 with Pascal which comes after Maxwell. We have a long way to go.

Technology is never far away bro :-)

Maybe they renamed it. On older road map slides they called the stacked dram architecture "Volta", and Pascal has stacked dram, so maybe "Volta" was just a codename of sorts and Pascal is the actual name? Sort of like how "Durango" was to the Xbox One.

Maybe they renamed it. On older road map slides they called the stacked dram architecture "Volta", and Pascal has stacked dram, so maybe "Volta" was just a codename of sorts and Pascal is the actual name? Sort of like how "Durango" was to the Xbox One.

Bbut pascal didnt even do much eith electricity :o volta was like, the big head :/ and they should bring back tesla xD

I believe they changed it because Pascal sounds much sexier than Volta :D