Front case foam

Jelz

Hi, should the foam in the front panel of the case be taken out? There is some on top and bottom as shown in the picture, I’ve been getting bad cooling and not sure if this is the reason or if the case is just bad.

any feedback is appreciated! Thank you 

0168B1E9-28A3-4AEA-A56A-721A6E5CDA1F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

No, it should not.

It is there to filter out dust.

Ok, there is a filter behind it though? I’m just currently doing a few tests with / without the front panel to see the differences. The filter looks like the same one on my power supply, image attached 

i do not see any foam at all. if you are getting bad temps then remove it and dont worry about the dust so much, you will just have to pay closer attention to your case. the foam as far as i can tell is more to keep the case from rattling against itself during shipping so its not damaged when you buy it

Based on that design, the foam is not meant to be removed.

That foam is not dense enough to be that much of an impedement, so you're not losing out by leaving it there.

Post system info / pics and we can try to help with cooling from there.

6 hours ago, Jelz said:

Hi, should the foam in the front panel of the case be taken out? There is some on top and bottom as shown in the picture, I’ve been getting bad cooling and not sure if this is the reason or if the case is just bad.

any feedback is appreciated! Thank you 

0168B1E9-28A3-4AEA-A56A-721A6E5CDA1F.jpeg

the slots dont have mesh thats why its there.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

20 hours ago, tkitch said:

Based on that design, the foam is not meant to be removed.

That foam is not dense enough to be that much of an impedement, so you're not losing out by leaving it there.

Post system info / pics and we can try to help with cooling from there.

Hi, I’ve taken a picture of the outside and inside.

Ryzen 5 3600

Rtx 2070 super 

the pc idles around 45-50 degrees and when it’s on load the cpu gets to peaking at 90-95 degrees then drops down to 85ish

219E3B30-126F-4369-A46A-7F4F1A2F7D0F.jpeg

1AE2A734-1EF5-495E-B1DE-0D3D2F8F92DA.jpeg

What do you have for intake fan(s)?

Also, that looks like a really craptastic cooler for a Ryzen 5.  I'd suggest upgrading.  (For cheap?  This one:  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08F2BS9J8/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 or a Hyper 212)

For your top fan:  I'd suggest moving it forward, closer to the 5.25" bays, and switching it to Intake.  That might help cool the CPU some.

6 hours ago, tkitch said:

Also, that looks like a really craptastic cooler for a Ryzen 5.

Stock cooler ?

@Jelz Can you remove the unused front bays at all to try and get more air going through the front ?

2 hours ago, artuc said:

Stock cooler ?

@Jelz Can you remove the unused front bays at all to try and get more air going through the front ?

The bays at the front are riveted in, also I’m thinking of getting a new case, a Corsair spec delta carbine case and a be quiet dark rock tr4 cooler. However I’m not sure about the comparability of the cooler 

9 hours ago, tkitch said:

What do you have for intake fan(s)?

Also, that looks like a really craptastic cooler for a Ryzen 5.  I'd suggest upgrading.  (For cheap?  This one:  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08F2BS9J8/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 or a Hyper 212)

For your top fan:  I'd suggest moving it forward, closer to the 5.25" bays, and switching it to Intake.  That might help cool the CPU some.

I will try moving the fan forwards and having it as intake, I’m thinking of buying a Corsair spec delta carbine case and also getting a be quiet dark rock tr4 cooler. Not sure about comparability though