Blade, the firm that operates cloud gaming platform Shadow filed for Bankruptcy

soldier_ph
24 minutes ago, Mynameischef said:

I've been using shadow to play Wow at work for months, and to play a few windows games on my Macbook pro. 

Took about a month from reservation to get full access to my shadow. 

‘S it still up?  A company that owns shadowplay rather than shadowplay.  Lots of reasons that can happen.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

‘S it still up?  A company that owns shadowplay rather than shadowplay.  Lots of reasons that can happen.  

Yep, its still up and working great. I should note that i don't use this as my main gaming source. I own a perfectly good gaming computer, I just like having other options if that PC isn't available, and being able to run a dungeon on my lunch break helps my mental. 

On 3/10/2021 at 4:50 AM, TetraSky said:

The world simply is not ready for cloud gaming just yet.

Did they ever actually deploy it to actual customers?

Yes they did deploy it to actual customers with there being a new offering planned as well but they put that on hold due to the Bankruptcy.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rogafe said:

Sorry for the bump, but there was news

OVH Telecom was selected by the court in Paris

image.png.2dee2e5c04db8fc09a6ff485f482f5ec.png

News in French https://www.nextinpact.com/article/43500/reprise-blade-octave-klaba-emporte

*does not speak french*. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

*does not speak french*. 

It was already translated at the bottom.

The ambition is simple: to build the best Cloud Gaming offer in the world! We now have everything in just one box: talented team, no worries about CAPEX, the global market!

Sourcing GPUs at 3x MSRP could only lead to increase in monthly subscription rates. That factor probably was the handwriting on the wall for an unworkable business plan.