Forum has empty background audio signal

The_russian

Browser, version and OS: 

Safari Version 14.0.3, macOS Big Sur Version 11.2

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? 

Displaying any page on the forum

What happened?

I use a pair of bluetooth 5 headphones that connect to my phone and laptop, when I am working I usually have the forum up on the laptop and music playing from my phone. Whenever I pause the music on my phone for more than a few seconds, the headphones detect the empty audio from the forum page on the laptop and switch to it, the result it when I press play on the phone I don't hear audio. To fix this I have to either close the forum page or open a new tab, press play on the phone, then pull the forum page back up. 

This problem has previously been noted in this topic: 

The conclusion to the topic was that the background empty audio signal needs to be present in order for the forum notification sounds to work properly. A solution given was to go to https://linustechtips.com/notifications/options/ and disable notification sounds. I have done this, but am still having the same problem. Is there anything else I can do to stop the background audio signal?

What did you expect to happen?

Background audio signal on forum to go away by disabling notification sounds

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Anywhere on the forum

Don't quote me on this, but I remember that it might be because of the YouTube API for LMG videos.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I used to get a small audio pop every time a page loaded. i alleviated this by offloading the audio from my browser to another audio device, but since i run everything through a mixer, i dont lose out completely, seems to only do it on certain audio devices. very weird

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Don't quote me on this, but I remember that it might be because of the YouTube API for LMG videos.

Do you know if there is someway to disable all audio from the forum, either through forum settings (the only setting I found was the notification sounds, that's already turned off), or though the browser somehow?

4 hours ago, The_russian said:

Do you know if there is someway to disable all audio from the forum, either through forum settings (the only setting I found was the notification sounds, that's already turned off), or though the browser somehow?

You could just mute the tab.

On a chromium browser rightclick on the tab and click mute site.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

It's a bug with the forum software (well, part bug, part feature, but that it remains even when turning off notification sounds in settings is a bug). I've reported it to the forum software devs, and had been expecting the fix to show up in December or January, but it now seems that we are still several months away from their next update. I will therefore attempt to patch this in manually (although the forum software is really not designed to support these sorts of changes) - assuming that works, I will hopefully deploy it here in the next couple of weeks.

HTTP/2 203

• 4 weeks later...

Good news, I think it's worked. I left the forum open and we went to walk the dogs. When I came back my PC was asleep. New problem, had gotten into the habit of leaving it open when I needed to keep the PC awake for things but was too lazy to go into Windows settings. LOL.

Solution: make a page in the forum somewhere that has the audio bug specifically for myself.