Anyone with experience on the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home headphones?

Stahlmann
Go to solution Solved by CTR640,

I own the Amiron Home and it's a damn fine headphone due to its cinematic audio. Bass extensions, sub bass and while it's a bassy headphone, clarity is still there so no detail is lost or hidden. Design is simplistic and yet so elegant and slick and not boring looking one. Comfort is indeed very good, you can extend the comfort by using Geekria earpads covers. I use them to protect them too against nasty sweat and hair and to extend the earpads longevity.

Hey there,

i've been thinking and reading up on these headphones. Currently using a DT990 Edition headphone. I tried the DT1990 before and while it sounded better, it was very uncomfortable and thus not really useable for me. Now i have read a lot of reviews about the Amiron Home. They are overwhelmingly positive and i didn't read about any issues at all. As the focus is also on comfort, they sound like the perfect fit for me. I'm pretty sold on this one tbh.

Anyone of you out there who had first-hand experience with this headphone and want to share anything that might make me reconsider?

Due to the current situation i sadly can't just go and try them out in a store (not to mention there is no audio-gear store anywhere near me anyways).

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I own the Amiron Home and it's a damn fine headphone due to its cinematic audio. Bass extensions, sub bass and while it's a bassy headphone, clarity is still there so no detail is lost or hidden. Design is simplistic and yet so elegant and slick and not boring looking one. Comfort is indeed very good, you can extend the comfort by using Geekria earpads covers. I use them to protect them too against nasty sweat and hair and to extend the earpads longevity.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:33 PM, CTR640 said:

I had them for about a week now, and they've been great! I had to do a lot of equalizer work to make the DT990's sound more neutral, as they have a very "sharp" sound signature. With the Amiron i don't need any equalizer. The sound profile is very neutral and noticeably more detailed out of the box.  While they are not as comfortable as the DT990 Edition, they're still very comfortable overall and good for longer use. They are indeed another big step up from my DT990's. I couldn't be happier with my choice to upgrade.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I had them for about a week now, and they've been great! I had to do a lot of equalizer work to make the DT990's sound more neutral, as they have a very "sharp" sound signature. With the Amiron i don't need any equalizer. The sound profile is very neutral and noticeably more detailed out of the box.  While they are not as comfortable as the DT990 Edition, they're still very comfortable overall and good for longer use. They are indeed another big step up from my DT990's. I couldn't be happier with my choice to upgrade.

Beyerdynamic knows how to make great stuff ^^. The Amirons are underrated but they are really great. Glad you like it!

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

Beyerdynamic knows how to make great stuff ^^. The Amirons are underrated but they are really great. Glad you like it!

I wouldn't say "underrated" as every review i've read is praising them to the high heavens. (Which is accurate according to my own experience so far!)

I'd say they're just a bit expensive for the average consumer. Sure, audiophiles are happy pay a few bucks more for a better headphone, but most people just see they cost more than double than for example the DT990 and that's what scares them off.

16 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I wouldn't say "underrated" as every review i've read is praising them to the high heavens. (Which is accurate according to my own experience so far!)

I'd say they're just a bit expensive for the average consumer. Sure, audiophiles are happy pay a few bucks more for a better headphone, but most people just see they cost more than double than for example the DT990 and that's what scares them off.

Yeah indeed. I meant when they are looking for upgrades or new headphones, it's usually different ones than the Amiron 😛

It's indeed expensive but if you think about it, Beyerdynamic's top-end headphones never reaches above €999 while all the others can go up to €3000-5000 which makes it interesting. But yes, it's true it's expensive for the average consumer.

Btw, i'm not sure if I should share but when I tried the cable for Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen, it improved the sound. The bass is more rumble like a better cinematic audio. I don't believe cables makes a difference as they are usuallly snake oil but this one adds a little extra oomph. Unfortunately it's pricey. To me it's worth as it's only one time. It's the 3.5mm version, not the 2.5mm.

DAC/AMPs:

7 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Yeah indeed. I meant when they are looking for upgrades or new headphones, it's usually different ones than the Amiron 😛

It's indeed expensive but if you think about it, Beyerdynamic's top-end headphones never reaches above €999 while all the others can go up to €3000-5000 which makes it interesting. But yes, it's true it's expensive for the average consumer.

Btw, i'm not sure if I should share but when I tried the cable for Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen, it improved the sound. The bass is more rumble like a better cinematic audio. I don't believe cables makes a difference as they are usuallly snake oil but this one adds a little extra oomph. Unfortunately it's pricey. To me it's worth as it's only one time. It's the 3.5mm version, not the 2.5mm.

Thanks for the Info on the cable, but the bass is perfect for my taste as-is. If i want to listen to bass heavy music i also have a powerful speaker setup including a subwoofer anyway 😉

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Amiron homes are heavily underrated Beyers as most people buy 1990s as a step up from a 990 or 880. I'm grad they found another fan while I don't see myself ever owning one they are a great pair of headphones.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Thanks for the Info on the cable, but the bass is perfect for my taste as-is. If i want to listen to bass heavy music i also have a powerful speaker setup including a subwoofer anyway 😉

You're welcome. It's not only the bass, it adds an extra detail but it's hard to explain 😛 But as long as you enjoy it, there is no really reason to change anything.

DAC/AMPs:

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

most people buy 1990s as a step up from a 990 or 880.

I have tried the 1990's, but they were just so heavy and uncomfortable. You really notice how they're made for heavy duty studio work and not at all for casual home use.

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

while I don't see myself ever owning one they are a great pair of headphones.

Might i ask why? (just out of interest)

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I have tried the 1990's, but they were just so heavy and uncomfortable. You really notice how they're made for heavy duty studio work and not at all for casual home use.

Might i ask why? (just out of interest)

They really are for studio work. I want to spend more money on proper upgrades beyerdynamic wise. Looking to get myself t1mk2 or t5ps in the future. There are just so many other headphones out there that personally I would rather have. 

12 hours ago, rice guru said:

They really are for studio work. I want to spend more money on proper upgrades beyerdynamic wise. Looking to get myself t1mk2 or t5ps in the future. There are just so many other headphones out there that personally I would rather have. 

What about the T5p.2? It is an amazing Beyer too, clarity is topnoth and bass is done so well too. But both the T1.2 and T5p.2 have been discountinued.

DAC/AMPs:

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

What about the T5p.2? It is an amazing Beyer too, clarity is topnoth and bass is done so well too. But both the T1.2 and T5p.2 have been discountinued.

Both headphones are super popular and pretty easy to find in the used marlet where I plan to buy from anyway