Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600 MHz (64GB) not delivering 3600 MHz

Jyrto

So after long search I decided to go for Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600 MHz (64GB). I first bought 64GB kit and planned to expand to 128GB as I need it for my work.

The problem is this memory is not going past 3200mhz on my AMD built whatever I try.

550B Aorus Master motherboard

AMD 5900X processor

AMD 6900XT graphic

After being in contact with Patriot support, they admitted: "Ryzen is currently having difficulties hitting 3600MHz on 32GB+. We are working with them to help resolve this issue."

Before I return it, anyone managed to get to work past 3200mhz on similar build? If yes, can you please share how. 

My concern is how Patriot can sell the memory, packaging this as 3600mhz if it's actually not delivering

Because on *some* mobos, with *some* CPUs, *sometimes* the RAM will deliver advertized speeds.

It's all in the Marketing.

BTW, the speed difference between 3200Mhz and 3600Mhz is so minute, it's effectively background noise, you won't notice the difference.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

And that's why QVL lists are a thing,

These are lists made by motherboard manufacturers of modules and kits that were tested and validated to work with the board.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I would always recommend checking your motherboards memory support list. 

Your ram isn't listed, therefore they have not validated it and cannot guarantee it will work.  

It's not gig or patriots fault.

19 hours ago, Heliian said:

I would always recommend checking your motherboards memory support list. 

Your ram isn't listed, therefore they have not validated it and cannot guarantee it will work.  

It's not gig or patriots fault.

It's on the list PVS464G360C8K

6 hours ago, Jyrto said:

That's a fake list,

Don't use pangoly - use the official Gigabyte website!

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-doc

You have a Vermeer CPU so:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b550-aorus-master_vermeer_210224.pdf

As you can see your kit is not on the list.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 hours ago, Vishera said:

That's a fake list,

Don't use pangoly - use the official Gigabyte website!

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-doc

You have a Vermeer CPU so:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b550-aorus-master_vermeer_210224.pdf

As you can see your kit is not on the list.

What a bummer. Thanks

On 3/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Because on *some* mobos, with *some* CPUs, *sometimes* the RAM will deliver advertized speeds.

It's all in the Marketing.

BTW, the speed difference between 3200Mhz and 3600Mhz is so minute, it's effectively background noise, you won't notice the difference.

They run by default at 2666mhz without xmp. I did a test with my last Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 2133mhz sticks (were able to run 3200mhz on xmp) and in various game loading times I saw zero difference. If there is basically marginal difference should I even bother 2666mhz vs 3600mhz and trying to run them on 3600mhz? They run just fine at the moment at 2666mhz. Thanks

2 hours ago, Jyrto said:

They run by default at 2666mhz without xmp. I did a test with my last Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 2133mhz sticks (were able to run 3200mhz on xmp) and in various game loading times I saw zero difference. If there is basically marginal difference should I even bother 2666mhz vs 3600mhz and trying to run them on 3600mhz? They run just fine at the moment at 2666mhz. Thanks

You would see very minor FPS improvements in games, but if it isn't a big deal to you, I"d stick with 2666 and be happy

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for everyones help. Seems like my Viper sticks may be faulty and they are going back to the warranty.

Meanwhile, I bought Crucial Ballistix 64GB Kit (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 Desktop Gaming Memory(Black), what are on Gigabytes approved list and they work on XMP profile 3600mhz right out of the box without any issues.