How To: use the SEARCH ENGINE

Dr3nz4r

Hey guys,

since many people still don't realize that this forum has got a SEARCH ENGINE I'll show you how to use it and where to find it.

This is a VERY simple tutorial which can be followed by a 3 year old child.

Here ya go:

Step 1: Move your Cursor to the Search Box on the Top-right corner of this Website (see screenshot if you still dont find it)

Screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1153[/ATTACH]

Step 2: Type in your search words (Key-words)

Screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1154[/ATTACH]

Step 3: Press the Search Button (the magnifier) or the Advanced Search button if you want to make a more detailed search.

Screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1155[/ATTACH]

Step 4: Look at the results and clarify if you still want to post a Thread or ask a question which is already answered.

Screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1156[/ATTACH]

I hope everyone will now be able to use the DEFAULT search engine with NO problems.

Greetz Dr3nz4r

PS: all images are selfmade even the Arrows and circles are hand-drawn so there is no copyright from anyone else then me.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Reserverd

10char

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

1: none of you images work

2: you should rename the topic to "How to use this forums search function"

c: this part "that this forum got a SEARCH ENGINE" does not make sense, should be "that this forum has got a SEARCH ENGINE"

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

that is quite possibly the worst tutorial I have every seen. Not just because it doesn't tell me anything, but it is more than a little patronizing. No duh there's a search function, if you didn't know that, you were probably going to find out soon.

Also, WTF are "keywords" just words that might have something to do with the problem I'm having? Unfortunately, allot of errors don't give messages!

The best thing to do, is skim the front page of the appropriate section, and if what you want to know isn't there, post!

+1 to the guy above.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

1: none of you images work

2: you should rename the topic to "How to use this forums search function"

c: this part "that this forum got a SEARCH ENGINE" does not make sense, should be "that this forum has got a SEARCH ENGINE"

1) screens work fine for me.

2) topic's can only be renamed by moderators

3) don't laugh at me for my poor english knowledge

but thanks overall for your critism

that is quite possibly the worst tutorial I have every seen. Not just because it doesn't tell me anything, but it is more than a little patronizing. No duh there's a search function, if you didn't know that, you were probably going to find out soon.

Also, WTF are "keywords" just words that might have something to do with the problem I'm having? Unfortunately, allot of errors don't give messages!

The best thing to do, is skim the front page of the appropriate section, and if what you want to know isn't there, post!

Flaming my Thread won't help you.. have a good day and think about it..This topic was made because so many PPL still don't realize that they dont have to post e.g. the RES II by the 9000th time now.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be flame, but that doesn't change the fact that the search doesn't work for most subjects. Though news might be a different beast.

For me advanced search is just working fine. Sorry for acting like this.. didn't get your meaning correctly

If you dont have anything nice to say then say nothing. This might not be the best tutorial but I never really thought to use the search function so thank you my good sir

lol at the arguments, move this to /r/IDGF