MSI Z390-a pro BIOS update ?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, guesswhoback097 said:

i just wanna get 3000 mhz because the default opition is blocked at 2166

XMP should be in the very first page of the BIOS. What do you see when you open the BIOS?

Hello
I have a msi z390 a pro as a motherboard and I would like to know how to update my BIOS and change the frequency of my RAM because the option is not available thank you

Updating the BIOS would not add a feature like that. What CPU and ram are you using? Is XMP not available?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, guesswhoback097 said:

Hello
I have a msi z390 a pro as a motherboard and I would like to know how to update my BIOS and change the frequency of my RAM because the option is not available thank you

I happen to have this exact motherboard.
To update bios: download newest release from here and stick into onto a usb: https://www.msi.com//Motherboard/support/Z390-A-PRO
When booting up the pc spam f11 and then hit the down arrow on your keyboard until you get to enter setup, and click enter. There should be an m flash button on the bottom left. Open it and select the files from the usb to update bios

To enable xmp: same thing, spam f11 and enter setup. Near the top of the screen there should be a big xmp button, which you just click to turn on. f10 to save and exit to windows.

Il y a 1 minute, Fasauceome a déclaré:

La mise à jour du BIOS n'ajouterait pas une telle fonctionnalité. Quel processeur et quel RAM utilisez-vous? XMP n'est-il pas disponible?

i use I5 9400F and my RAM are 2 x 8gb G skills 3000mhz 

4 minutes ago, guesswhoback097 said:

i use I5 9400F and my RAM are 2 x 8gb G skills 3000mhz 

are you trying to get 300MHz, or are you trying to overclock higher?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

essayez-vous d'obtenir 300 MHz ou essayez-vous d'overclocker plus haut?

Just now, guesswhoback097 said:

XMP should be in the very first page of the BIOS. What do you see when you open the BIOS?

Primary PC:

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

XMP off and ram frequency not available

1 hour ago, guesswhoback097 said:

XMP off and ram frequency not available

XMP profile 1 does not change anything? Usually MSI uses a round button that has options around it.

Primary PC: