AT 2020USB+ ISN'T BEING RECOGNIZED PROPERLY

So yeah, I've been searching for a solution in the last couple of days, because windows 10 is detecting my AT 2020 USB+ as a PNP audio device
I've read that some people are also having the same issues but AT just blames microsoft and the other way around.

Things I've done so far:
1. changing the cable
2. uninstalling and try plugging it back in (yeah this is stupid)
3. plugging it in to a windows 7 laptop (this works, but why the heck do I need windows 7 just to properly run a mic)
4. searching for it's non existant drivers on the internet =))

anyone is experiencing or have solved this problem?
a link to the driver is also very helpful

10 minutes ago, Amsonia said:

So yeah, I've been searching for a solution in the last couple of days, because windows 10 is detecting my AT 2020 USB+ as a PNP audio device
I've read that some people are also having the same issues but AT just blames microsoft and the other way around.

Things I've done so far:
1. changing the cable
2. uninstalling and try plugging it back in (yeah this is stupid)
3. plugging it in to a windows 7 laptop (this works, but why the heck do I need windows 7 just to properly run a mic)
4. searching for it's non existant drivers on the internet =))

anyone is experiencing or have solved this problem?
a link to the driver is also very helpful

The AT website is garbage as always. There seem to be Windows 8.1 drivers around, not sure if they legit though. Usually 8.1 drivers work fine with windows 10. Some Windows 7 drivers may also work. The Mic is pretty old. The manual lists support for Windows XP and Vista. I guess AT wants to sell the new one to you. When you open Windows Device Manager and right-click on the device and search for driver, what does it do? Did you check windows update as well, maybe you need to confirm the download under optional updates? Windows does have generic USB Mic drivers that work, currently a but buggy though (low gain etc.). Not sure what your level of expertise is when it comes to building pcs in general but you could probably connect the Mic to something as a raspberry pi and connect that somehow to windows as an external source. A friend of mine did something like that to connect an on LP machine to his pc. Can't remember how he did it though, was a long time ago.

And what is the problem exactly? Most audio devices run just fine with plug&play. The AT2020 is a 16 bit/48 kHz device and shouldn't need any special driver.

Is the mic working properly?

As this is supposed to be one of the benefits of windows 10 that the USB drivers get downloaded automatically if required and windows 10 has a collection of standard drivers which work for common USB devices.

3 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

And what is the problem exactly? Most audio devices run just fine with plug&play. The AT2020 is a 16 bit/48 kHz device and shouldn't need any special driver.

yeah it should, but it shouldn't be recognized as a generic USB audio

image.png

5 hours ago, Applefreak said:

The AT website is garbage as always. There seem to be Windows 8.1 drivers around, not sure if they legit though. Usually 8.1 drivers work fine with windows 10. Some Windows 7 drivers may also work. The Mic is pretty old. The manual lists support for Windows XP and Vista. I guess AT wants to sell the new one to you. When you open Windows Device Manager and right-click on the device and search for driver, what does it do? Did you check windows update as well, maybe you need to confirm the download under optional updates? Windows does have generic USB Mic drivers that work, currently a but buggy though (low gain etc.). Not sure what your level of expertise is when it comes to building pcs in general but you could probably connect the Mic to something as a raspberry pi and connect that somehow to windows as an external source. A friend of mine did something like that to connect an on LP machine to his pc. Can't remember how he did it though, was a long time ago.

thanks I'll maybe try what your friend did

2 hours ago, Amsonia said:

yeah it should, but it shouldn't be recognized as a generic USB audio

So your only problem with the device is that it doesn't show as the AT2020? It works fine?

On 3/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, HenrySalayne said:

So your only problem with the device is that it doesn't show as the AT2020? It works fine?

yes, as how it works... I'm still trying some stuff out with it so far it's just some low audio gain here and there. Maybe I'm just bein too bitchy about it