First sleeper pc let me know how I did

Mustangmatt215

Not bad... I hope to be doing an all in one bubble Mac PC conversion, once I figure out how to clean the case up a bit... Think of windows hardware, as well as a screen of some kind, in the gutted out shell of a computer that looks something like this picture...(picture is from wikipedia) oh, and I forgot, it has a manufacturing date on it from 1998, so I think that would fit in the 90s

1280px-IMac_G3_Bondi_Blue,_three-quarters_view.png

Edited by Wiebenor
Date of pc(mac) shell I own added

11 minutes ago, Wiebenor said:

Not bad... I hope to be doing an all in one bubble Mac PC conversion, once I figure out how to clean the case up a bit... Think of windows hardware, as well as a screen of some kind, in the gutted out shell of a computer that looks something like this picture...(picture is from wikipedia) oh, and I forgot, it has a manufacturing date on it from 1998, so I think that would fit in the 90s

1280px-IMac_G3_Bondi_Blue,_three-quarters_view.png

Do you plan on keeping the screen 

Just now, Mustangmatt215 said:

Do you plan on keeping the screen 

If you mean the crt, then no, I need all the space I can get for the parts, and since I'm thinking about putting a M-atx or M-itx board in there, with full ryzen processor (not sure if I'll get an APU or just standard CPU with external graphics card), I won't have room for it... And it's already gutted, and the wires to the screen destroyed in the process, anyways...

One thing I saved though, after tearing one apart over 15 years ago, though, are the speakers, cuz they are usually da bomb... I had so much Bass coming out of them it wasn't funny... New speakers look like they haven't rotted either... I also saved the microphone, although I'm not sure how good that will work without upgrades, and stuff...

I plan on doing something for putting a motherboard tray in it, possibly buying a plastic test bench setup like LTT showed in a video a few years ago, as long as it supports M-itx and/or M-atx...

I love it! The floppy & zip drives are a nice touch and really tie the look together. The 120mm fan vents (for the AIO I presume?) do of course give away that it's been modded buuuuut that doesn't strike me as at all bad or anachronistic as it looks just like mods people were doing 20 years ago. Nicely done! 

Powerspec 1530 (Clevo PB50DF2) ~ i7 10875H ~ RTX 2070 Super 115W ~ 32GB DDR4 ~ 2x 1TB NVMe ~ 2TB 5400RPM ~ 1080P 240hz matte IPS

Gigabyte G1 GA-970-SLI ~ FX 8320 @ 3.3Ghz, 1212mV ~ 16GB DDR3 ~ Radeon 570 4GB ~ 512GB NVMe ~ 2x 1TB HGST 7200RPM

Xtras ~ Dell 22" 1680x1050 matte IPS monitor ~ Logi M705 mouse ~ PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller ~ Sony XB950N1 headphones ~ Epson V700 film scanner

Streaming Setup ~ OBS Studio with AMF encoding ~ iVCam bridged to LG G6 ~ Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface ~ TONOR condenser cardioid mic

Also, I plan to reuse the power button as well as the LED, although the rest of the stuff on that particular circuit board will probably not get used

1 minute ago, Natty Ice said:

I love it! The floppy & zip drives are a nice touch and really tie the look together. The 120mm fan vents (for the AIO I presume?) do of course give away that it's been modded buuuuut that doesn't strike me as at all bad or anachronistic as it looks just like mods people were doing 20 years ago. Nicely done! 

I do like the old style look, but I hope he cleaned up some of the drive cages that are likely inside, cuz dam, back then, they didn't even hear about this thing called airflow...

4 minutes ago, Natty Ice said:

Yea the 120 mm fan vents are for the aio i had to cut a bit of holes just add some more roshhh factor otherwise ot would have gotten to toasty in there. Thanks it took alot of work. 

Mmmm... beige.

Need a CRT now too match.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

I have a similar case.

I drilled the front bezel holes a bit larger. I didn't add any fans to the case though because it seemed the power supply fan was adequate.

How is the zip drive connected?

Nice job, can't even tell that there is a beefy PC inside lol