How to scan if IPhone has Malware/Trojan/Virus?

paulyron

I have an IPhone SE that i bought years ago.  I am pretty certain I was careful with clicking on things with it... but back then I heard you couldn't or it was very hard to get malware/virus on IOS as oppose to android.  Is this true?

How do i check to make sure I don't have any malware/trojan/virus on my iphone SE?  What program do i download for that to check and it will confirm i have or don't have malware?  I'm much more concerned about trojan and keyloggers.

I notice on how many youtube videos, you see people post comments and some seem to be links which im pretty certain are malware/virus. Would it be safe to assume that?  So clicking on those would get you trojan/malware/keylogger?  But doing it on a an iphone won't protect you still right?  But if you do it on android, its malware/virus almost always?  I ask this because i want to download some financial programs on my iphone but want to make sure there is no malware/trojan/keylogger etc on it.  How do i do this besides doing a factory reset which would wipe everything clean?

As far as I know there isn’t a particularly easy way but I haven’t ever looked either. Also I don’t really think you need to worry about it as  a less you have a specific link or thing think might be malware. I am really not an expert but I don’t think you need to worry.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Phones are more likeley to be infected, if they are jailbreaked or rooted. In that case processes might gain access across the system. Usually these devices are pretty safe. I would watch if there is happening weird stuff, like adds popping up or spam in sent mails. Check if there are suspicious apps installed, usually not via official store. As far as i know a/v apps are useless on mobile phone, so best way would be an firewall to block and monitor traffic. 

Best practice is to keep your device up2date. There exists no 100% safety, so make backups from time to time, note ur passwords and if applicable use different passwords with 2fa. If ur devices is malicious i think a normal user will notice that somehow, liek said sending spam or high cpu usage/ battery drain.

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for the response.  But how could i scan my iphone if there is a way to do this? 

12 hours ago, paulyron said:

Thanks for the response.  But how could i scan my iphone if there is a way to do this? 

I haven't seen much if anything of third-party software that scans iPhones for malware. You can limit the kind of content you reach.

With that said: practically speaking, the risk is low. The iPhone isn't magically immune to malware, but Apple's overall approach (tighter app screening, stricter app permissions) educes the chances of malware compared to Android. The main thing is to simply be wary of the websites you visit, and to avoid opening email attachments you weren't expecting.

I mange over 100 phones at work along with a MDM, the only malware I know of for IOS are the web browser hijacking kind, Just wipe out your browser and you should be good. That is if its not jail broken.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so any program i could download off the App Store though to check for any of it?  Reason im asking this is because i want to download a cryptocurrency app on it and thus make sure my iphone is safe before using it for that.