Why does it say oneplus won't work in america?

Zack Bryson

Hello, sorry I know that I've made multiple threads on this forum. Not trying to spam it.

But, on the link attached it says that it "do not work in USA." Is this actually true? Because it's a sprint version phone (unlocked) so it doesn't really make sense to me that an american company wouldn't work here in America. That doesn't even make sense. But, if you could explain that's be amazing! Thank you! 👉👈♥️

If it really is unlocked (carrier unlocked), but is still limited to the bands Sprint and Verizon use, the only reason it 'do not work in USA' is if the IMEI is banned from the network for nonpayment of the account it was associated with, or is reported lost or stolen. This is why second hand devices from online sources can be dubious.

10 minutes ago, Euchre said:

If it really is unlocked (carrier unlocked), but is still limited to the bands Sprint and Verizon use, the only reason it 'do not work in USA' is if the IMEI is banned from the network for nonpayment of the account it was associated with, or is reported lost or stolen. This is why second hand devices from online sources can be dubious.

Okay, well that's a bummer. That's probably why it was so cheap. I guess the says is right. If it seems to good to be true it typically is. So, in your opinion would you not even mess with it? Like not even buy it? Cause it has a 30 day free return thingy so, would it maybe be worth the chance? Maybe they're wrong?

On 3/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, Zack Bryson said:

Okay, well that's a bummer. That's probably why it was so cheap. I guess the says is right. If it seems to good to be true it typically is. So, in your opinion would you not even mess with it? Like not even buy it? Cause it has a 30 day free return thingy so, would it maybe be worth the chance? Maybe they're wrong?

Skip it. If you must buy online go to something like Amazon where they are more reputable. Used hardware like phones are always a gamble; you never truly know how 'used' they actually are and 'why' they are on the used market in the first place. It's a roll of the dice. If at all possible, buy from a local shop so you can at least check it out before purchase and have a brick and mortar place to return it if need be.

https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-GM1915-T-Mobile-Unlocked-Renewed/dp/B07YQ8YQCW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=oneplus+7+pro&qid=1615274342&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-GM1915-256GB-T-Mobile-Unlocked/dp/B085PZQPFX/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=oneplus+7+pro&qid=1615274368&sr=8-3

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro